hotels for asia cruise

evelynborntoshop

I used asiarooms.com to secure a 2 night stay in Siem Reap. Their price was so much lower than other sites that I thought I'd lost my $$$. As it turned out, asiarooms takes 1-2 days to confirm that they can book your room and then does so, if room available. N.B. I went to add one additional night onto my stay with Asiarooms, and the room rate had gone up over $100/night (and was = to what other sites were charging--so if you see a great rate, grab it) For Hong Kong and Singapore, however, I'd be more likely to use Priceline for a great 5* hotel room. Take a look at biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com to get an idea of the going rate and likely hotels. Really, you can't go wrong with 5* hotel in either city from Priceline.

P.S. While doing my research for asiarooms.com I did notice that the only complaints were relative to the company not refunding monies for cancelled reservations (even reservations that had been cancelled in accordance with the stated policy). As always, buyer beware.

Has anyone used the site asiarooms.com to book hotel rooms? They seem to have very good rates although there is a fee for cancellations. We are looking to book rooms for the Singapore to Hong Kong cruise in January. Evelyn and Dave

Evelyn,

Always check the individual hotel site too to compare prices and find out what the actual final cost will be (extra taxes). I got a better price dealing with the Intercontinental HK directly.

Daniela

I have not used this website. Thought I would mention that if you are looking for a reasonable hotel with a great location, the YMCA Salisbury (harbour view room) in Kowloon might fit the bill. We were very pleased with it. Spent an earlier night in the Marco Polo where the cruise ship dock, spent almost twice as much and preferred the YMCA. Don't be put off by the "YMCA" but it is not a five star hotel so it may not be what you are looking for.

I used asiarooms.com to book a hotel for 7 nights this past April in Singapore.

After I booked the rate went down, I cancelledd and paid the small charge and rebooked at the lower rate and came out ahead. We stayed at Raffles the Plaza on a club floor. Best hotel I've ever stayed in. If you don't care where in Singapore you stay use biddingfortravel.com to get a 5 * from priceline for a cheap price. This is what I will do next tiime. The subway is so good and cheap it doesn't matter where you are in the city, just near a subway stop.

Evelyn, are you a born to shop girl? the book suzie wrote on Asia is so-so......took it with me last time and was moderately accurate. Seems to be on target, however for Shanghai- bring it with you:p . Where are you in LA?

Thanks to all who replied and provided such helpful information.

To Skydiver: I know about the Born to Shop books. On cruises, I try to balance sightseeing with shopping (these days it's a lot of window shopping). I live 8 miles east of Los Angeles City Hall.

Archived