Transatlantic cruise arriving Port Everglades Flight information

lovcruzing

Will I be able to make it to the airport for a 9:00 flight if I do walk off 1st in line?

I definitely would not try or risk. What ship are you talking about? Even if you are off the ship (and no guarantee that you would be first off), a TA cruise may have more hold-ups with customs and immigration. Domestic flights require you check in one hour ahead - you also may have a long wait at TSA screening. I personally don't think it is doable.

Will I be able to make it to the airport for a 9:00 flight if I do walk off 1st in line?

Probably not. If the ship is coming back to the US after being over in Europe, debarkation can take longer because of extensive Customs & Immigration for both passengers and crew.

When we did that trip last year, disembarkation was painfully slow. It took so long for our number to be called that a couple of crew asked if we were doing a B2B, and once it was finally called there was a lot of hurry-up-and-wait. One queue after another. By the time w finally got to our hotel it was lunch time.

And in San Juan, we did have our passports checked, but still had to go through US immigration.

Do not book your flight before mid-afternoon. We were hours trying to disembark in FLL following our Liberty TA a few years ago, and were warned in advance that debarkation is painfully slow following a TA. People missed their flights, and we just barely made our's, and it was for 2 p.m.!

Thank you all again for your help. Decided to stay in FLL 1 day and take an early flight.

Good plan. We did self-disembark after a 5-day on the Liberty. Got in line at 7 for a 7:30 timeslot and snaked our way out of the ship and down to the terminal ... finally made it to customs at 8:30.

the good news is that our groups then grabbed cabs and were at the airport before 9.