3 ppl in one cabin??

My cousin always cruises 4 adults to an inside cabin - 3rd & 4th passenger are usually at a lower rate. As all other ameneties are the same, she figures they can cruise more often that way. I have also read on the boards that there are larger showers available for use in the spa.

We have shared a cabin with our 2 teens - the only real problem (I didn't know about the spa showers then) was when we had come back from an excursion and taking turns to get in the shower to get ready for dinner.

On my first cruise, my two sisters and I shared a cabin. We're all small ladies, so it was no problem. It did seem a bit hectic when we were all trying to get dressed for dinner.;)

My DIL and her FOUR adult sisters shared an inside cabin once.....but never again. She said it was just really, really awful.

My sister, daughter, grandson and I have shared a cabin several times. It's always has been an ocean view. Quite small but we couldn't affort to cruise otherwise. It's worked out just fine. The person that takes the longest to get ready is the first one in the shower and then down the line. On our next cruise in 6 weeks it will be my sister, a friend, and I. We do have a Jr. Suite this time as we are all older and don't think any of us are able to do pullman beds. It is also my 60th birthday cruise so wanted it to be a little more special. Than back to a smaller cabin.

Joyce

It depends on the ship/cabin. On Royal Caribbean's older ships, I'd say no. They are very tiny. My Mom, my sister, and myself shared a cabin with ease on Princess in a mini-suite on the Grand Princess. We loved having the extra room, and on the grand class ships on Princess, the mini-suites do not cost much more than a standard balcony cabin.

If looking on a Carnival older ship for 3 people-- book a cabin that holds three people otherwise you will get a roomwith two beds and a rollaway.

Yes, the cabins are comfortable for 3 people. (look for a cabin with 2 lower beds and a sofa bed- instead of an upper bed. a sofa bed will keep the 3rd person from climbing to the bunk bed at night

Royal Caribbean

http://community.webshots.com/photo/177209513/177209513zuTTTE

carnival

http://community.webshots.com/photo/25602828/25602828lFsmeHArNf

I did 3 girls in an inside cabin on Adventure of the Seas and it worked out fine. Longest to get ready goes in the shower first.

In November I'm doing a cruise on Tahitian Princess with a friend and her boyfriend in an inside cabin. We'll see how that goes. :-)

We had 3 of us (my friend, my son and myself) on the Elation last year. We had a balcony room with a fold out sofa, and got along fine. We folded up the bed every morning, and the steward was great about getting the room made up quickly. (I definitely wouldn't want a roll-away) I had used the advice on cruise critic about taking an over the door shoe holder and a hanging one for the closet, and that really helped to keep us organized and not feeling like we had so much clutter. Also, we "pre-planned" getting ready - my son would shower and change while my friend and I were at the pool, then he'd go somewhere while we were getting ready. The arrangement worked out fine; you just don't spend that much time in your room, and the 3rd person is so much cheaper!!

We booked a balcony room on the Carnival Triumph for 4. Husband and I, teenage daughter and 10 year old son. It worked out fine except for one thing. The 'sleep sofa' was too short for my teenage daughter and there were no rollaways available (we were told). She didnt want to sleep in the pull down bed for more room so she suffered. There was plenty of room to change etc and I went on the balcony if it got too crazy. You are barely in the room, but you do need privacy - at least a decent sized bathroom. The newer ships have increased cabin and bathroom size some.

My mom, sister and I want to cruise together... Is it possible for the 3 of us to share a cabin/suite??

I cruised on RCCL with my mother and mother-in-law and we all 3 shared an inside cabin. It was pretty tight quarters, but it worked out just fine and we all made it through just fine and had a blast.

I cruised with my parents in an inside cabin on the sun princess. It was close quarters, but you really aren't in there for much time since there are som many things to do. we just took turns with showering & everything worked out just fine. I was the 3rd person, so my cruise cost was LOW! it was great!

We have traveled with 3 women in a cabin many times. The secret for us is to be organized when getting ready for dinner. For example, one of us would take a shower, then get out of the bathroom & do our hair and makeup at the desk in the room so another could use the bathroom. If you have a plan then it will work out fine.

The first 2 ppl actually pay for the room so the third person is really only paying for food/entertainment. EVERYONE pays the same amount for tips though. Therefore if the 1st/2nd ppl are paying $599 the third usually is something like $399 (inside room). Now in my case . . . we're getting a 9a . . . so first two are "about" $1000 each . . . but the third is under $500!!

I just have one more question: The third person gets a lower rate... how much lower??

It depends on the ship and the sailing.

My Liberty cruise the 3rd person rate is 329. but the Princess is almsot 700 for the 3rd.

If interested in sailing on the Liberty for Valentines day-- check out the prices by clicking the link below.

Archived