Car hire LAX to Long Beach

kernow

We are arriving in LAX on Sat 22 Oct and want to hire a car and drop it off in Long Beach on Mon am before sailing the Paradise. Does anyone know of any companies in Long Beach with a shuttle to the port(not Enterprise, they want a hefty drop off fee). We are staying at the Coast hotel so anything nearby would be great.

Thanks, Julie

I think you may be out of luck. Enterprise is the only car rental company with an office close to the cruise port, and I beleive they provide a free shuttle to drop you off at the cruise after you've dropped off your car.

Their one way drop charge to Long Beach should only be $25. Thats what they've always quoted us for a one-way drop anywhere in California, and thats the fee we were charged for an Enterprise one way drop in Canada this year as well. That should be their standard rate.

If you check out any other company, their drop rates are rather hefty as well. Budget will tell you that they don't have a drop rate per say, but its already calcuated into the price they quote you. And besides no other company than Enterprise has an office by the port, everyone else has offices nearby the Long Beach airport.

Thanks for the info. I am in England and was getting quotes through the UK office, they quoted me £25(STERLING) one way and £40 to drop back at LAX.

I have now phoned the US office but they are asking me which Enterprise office in Long Beach I want. Can you tell me which office has the shuttle to the ship?

Thanks, Julie

I'm sorry Julie. I wish I could tell you more info, but I don't have any more info. I've never used the Enterprise service in Long Beach before. I just know that they have Enterprise offices near the cruise ship terminal. I have heard others mention that there is a shuttle to the pier, but since I've never used it myself, I can't tell you specifics.

Julie, I just read on another thread that a lady called the Enterprise office and they said that their San Pedro Office (Long Beach and San Pedro border each other) will drop off at the pier for free.

Hope that helps

Archived