A few Bermuda questions

cperk97

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I have a few questions. 1. There are two lighthouses I am finding in Bermuda Gibb's and St Davids. Is one better than the other? 2. I have read there are more than one sea glass beaches. Can someone give tell me where I can one? Thank you in advance.

Jo Anne

Gibb's is easier to get to, in better location to see more of Bermuda and is higher than St. David's.

One glass beach is fairly close to Dockyard. If you take a #7 bus, the driver will most likely know where to drop you off. The other is much farther away in St. George's. Be aware that taking glass from the one near Dockyard is not permitted.

Gibb's is easier to get to, in better location to see more of Bermuda and is higher than St. David's.

One glass beach is fairly close to Dockyard. If you take a #7 bus, the driver will most likely know where to drop you off. The other is much farther away in St. George's. Be aware that taking glass from the one near Dockyard is not permitted.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

It was a nice walk from the bus stop but be aware that the glass beach is not big - we almost missed it. Houses were all around it and there is no sign. Not the cleanest beach either. But I did get some nice glass. Have a Great time!

P.S. Don't miss the Caves and Horseshoe - Both are Beautiful!!

Edited by din2play2

I have been four times to Bermuda~~it is so beautiful and would go a fifth! I think I covered a lot now. Beautiful beaches~~like Horseshoe and many others! Last year~~I spent a day at the Reef Resort~~have to go on-line at their site to make a reservation. You go over by ferry to Hamilton and take a taxi to the Reef's~~best day of my life~~a package~~even lunch and wine! Well worth it!

If you go one stop past Horseshoe Beach on the #7 bus you are at Warwick Long Bay Beach. It is much nicer than the beach called sea glass beach which is not very nice as one poster has mentioned. There is plenty of sea glass there and the kids had a great time finding it last year. Warwick in my opinion is much nicer than Horseshoe, less crowded and with the beautiful little coves off to the right. There are no rentals or food service so bring what you need, snack, water etc... I hope people don't go crazy on me for saying that there are better beaches in Bermuda than Horseshoe but after 4 visits I can assure you there are many. Have Fun!:)

We went to Glass Beach (Bus#7). We were told to ask the bus driver to stop there. It is not far from Dockyard (5-10 minute ride). We went to the wrong beach but we asked the locals sitting at a picnic table and they told us where it was. If you have the time it is really cool to see. It was our second time to Bermuda. The first time we did Warwick Long Bay and it was awesome. This time the weather was not very good. We did Glass Beach the first day. It was cloudy. The next day it poured out while we were in St. George. Then we had to leave early because of hurricane Christobal. I am glad we did not miss Glass Beach.

It is really hard to do everything you want to do. So if you don't get there this time, keep it in mind for the next time.

It was a nice walk from the bus stop but be aware that the glass beach is not big - we almost missed it. Houses were all around it and there is no sign. Not the cleanest beach either. But I did get some nice glass. Have a Great time!

P.S. Don't miss the Caves and Horseshoe - Both are Beautiful!!

IMG_1948.jpg