Majesty of the Seas Review

msvickyes

We were on Majesty of the Seas on September 1-5, 2014. We flew into Miami on August 31 and stayed at the Embassy Suites which was a great choice. We took a taxi to the pier (cost of about $32). Embarkation was quick and easy. On board by 11:15 a.m. Rooms were ready by 1:00 p.m. Luggage by 4:00 p.m.

Stateroom #9532. Excellent. Near the elevators. No obstructed view. Only problem was the beds were not apart, but they corrected that while we were at muster. Ice delivered morning and evening.

Dining Room: We ate in the Dining Room each night. Early sitting with a table for 4 by the window. Food was excellent. I did upgrade to lobster one night and it was the best lobster I have ever had. I was surprised by the $5 gratuity that was added to the premium price, but that may have been listed and I missed it. All the meals were wonderful.

Nassau: We booked the Atlantis Sea Day. Wonderful day on the beach and visiting the dig. Be warned that it is a lot of walking. It was almost two hours from when we met the tour to when we were on the beach. The lounge chairs had canopies which was great. Atlantis is beautiful and the decor is amazing. There were sales people walking up and down the beach but they were not pushy at all.

Coco Cay: We booked Cabana # 4 for the day for $200. That included the cabana, 4 bottles of water, a bottle of champagne, snorkel gear for 2, an upgraded buffet lunch (delicious) and a fruit plate. It was my favorite part of the cruise. It was especially great since we had a big storm and we had somewhere to wait it out in comfort. The snorkeling was incredible but we did see about 12 jelly fish. Beautiful to see, but the stings were a bit painful. As soon as I got on the ship, I went to the exploration desk and booked the cabana as suggested on this forum. Thanks for that!

Key West: We booked the hop on hop off trolley. We toured the butterfly pavilion (loved the store), the southernmost point, had lunch at the Half Shell Raw Bar which was excellent. The restaurant is not air conditioned but had lots of fans and was right on the water. We did wish that the hop on/off trolley had more stops. We ended up taking a taxi back to the pier since my 77 year old mom did not want to trek back to the trolley stop from the southernmost point.

Breakfasts/lunch: We had most of those in the windjammer but did breakfast once in the Dining Room. Enjoyed both with lots of variety. The Dining Room had a buffet and menu items available. Enjoyed the chocolate items on one of the days.

I did not see any of the shows or other entertainment. I did enjoy the shopping on the ship. Purchased two purses.

Muster was a pain but I understand the necessity. I just wish there weren't people strolling up 1/2 hour late.

Immigration went very smoothly at Key West. Since we had a tour booked we were first in line and it was in and out.

Disembarkation: We had group 4 and my sisters were group 19. We had a later flight so I went by the service desk and asked if it was okay if we just left later with them. They said no problem, we didn't need new luggage tags. When we got off the ship, our luggage was nowhere to be found. I guess we did need new luggage tags. They did finally find it and everything else was fine. Took a shuttle to the airport for $10 per person.

This was our second time on Majesty of the Seas and we enjoyed it very much. Love love love to cruise.

Great review. We stayed in this cabin a few years ago, and booked it again for our cruise in December. No obstruction which was wonderful. Question about the cabana on Coco Cay - you said you booked it on the ship? I had looked into booking one online and they were all full, so perhaps there are some that are kept aside for those booking on the ship?

Jessica

On the weekend of the 5th, they were not available ahead of time, but there were plenty available once we boarded. I did not get one, but thanks to some friends I was in that area. The upgrade in food and amenities is well worth it and the staff in that section is great.

We were not allowed to book the cabana before the cruise. The website said it had to be done on the ship so as soon as we boarded I went to the explorations desk. They only had 2 booked at that time and they let us choose the one we wanted. Definitely worth the price. The cost of renting snorkel gear would have been $33 per person so we saved money right there and the lunch was excellent.

The snorkeling was great. We had to wait out a storm, but we saw tons of fish. They have some "wrecks" you can snorkel over and they feed the fish there so there is an abundance of sea life. Just be careful of the many jellyfish. I had to backpedal several times in order to not swim into a jellyfish. I think the storm brought them out. Beautiful to see.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your review! We are heading out on majesty in November. Looking forward to it!

Which cruise on Her Majesty will you be sailing on.....if all goes well we will be on her for Thanksgiving Weekend...we have sailed on her many times. Always FUN!