New Year's Eve on ship

Wavelet

We are planning on taking a 4 day cruise this December. While I'm aware that there is no formal night, do people wear formal attire on New Year's Eve?

I also saw somewhere that there is "dress to impress". Is this supposed to be formal? Other than that, I don't really know the difference between this (dress to impress) and smart casual. There have been various discussions on the interpretation of smart casual, so I don't want to revisit this. Just wondering if there is a significant difference. Thanks.

P.S. It's a Caribbean cruise, if it matters.

I have been on a Princess ship twice for New Years. Each one was a longer cruise and it was a formal night. I am aware that 4 day cruises dont have formal nights but I would watch it to see if they add one just because of New Years. I would think a lot of people would dress up either way given the day. It has always been fun on the ship with a lot of different parties to meet your likes. I dont drink so not a big thing for me but I would think no better place to be provided you dont fall overboard:D

Same as madjohn - both our cruises were longer, but it is very unlikely NYE will not be celebrated. Passengers would never allow it. Did you call Princess directly to ask? You will be fine wearing anything you would if you went to a four star resort to celebrate. Make sure you get to the atrium early to guarantee you a great spot to watch the countdown and balloon drop. You'll have a blast! Would love to know what Princess has to say. Have a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk