Art Tour Aboard the Ships

stickey_mouse

I submitted a post weeks ago inquiring about the artwork on the Silhouette and how you can take an iPad directed tour of the ship's artwork. Has anybody done this for any of the other ships? If so, was it worthwhile? Thanks!

I believe the library lady has done this. You might do a search for her post.

We did it on the Eclipse a couple of years ago. I thought it was worthwhile. Especially because you'll appreciate artworks that you might otherwise miss because they're in locations you might not normally pass by (i.e. on stairwells in areas where you wouldn't be climbing the stairs).

Wow, I didn't know you could do this, thanks for posting! I have been so interested in MANY of the on board original pieces of art, that I've burned precious internet minutes googling them for more in depth information on the artist, etc - I had no idea this was available. We are on board again in 3 days, and I will absolutely do this, thank you! There's no fee for this, is there?? I suppose I shouldn't assume that there isn't! OH, plus, there is a guidebook in every stateroom to the onboard art, I almost forgot about that. Thanks!

Thanks for this info. I'm assuming this requires some sort of download onto your iPad. How/where do you get this?

We'll be on the Silhouette TA this fall; plenty of sea days to enjoy the art! :)

From what I remember, they have loaner iPads for you to check out for the tour. It's free, but wasn't available for download onto your own iPad back when my husband did the iPad art tour. I can't remember which cruise we were on, but it was at least a couple of years ago. It may have even been on Equinox's maiden TA in 2009. This may have changed.

BTW, my husband enjoyed the art but said that the iPad wasn't really any more useful than just following along in a book.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr