The best resort with Chair and Umbrella rentals on Orient Beach ??

WirelessRoute

Hi all,

We went to Orient Beach in St Marteen back in May of this year and rented chairs and umbrella from Kontki

I was wondering if there is a place that has nicer facilities for around the same price or slightly more?

We paid $15 for 2 chairs and Umbrella (No drink). The facilities were nice and beach was more flat than other parts of Orient beach but my biggest gripe was no shower. We are planning on returning in at the end of this month and wanted to see if another resort was recommended.

I don't recall seeing any showers on Orient Bay. I recall reading here on CC the Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa in St. Maarten had day passes and it's about a 10 min. taxi ride from the port.

Even an outdoor shower would work. Just love to rinse all that sand off and change my clothes if you catch my drift

Even an outdoor shower would work. Just love to rinse all that sand off and change my clothes if you catch my drift

I understand, I've never needed one which is why I don't recall seeing any. I try to dry off and use baby powder and a towel to take the sand off. The next time we go, I'm going check it out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Orange Fever is great.

$7 for a chair, umbrella, free drink and bathroom access, including shower.

Great food and drink at good prices.

There are several other spots along the beach that have showers, some included and some for a small additional charge. Water is trucked in and is precious.

gary

• 2 years later...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Orange Fever is great.

$7 for a chair, umbrella, free drink and bathroom access, including shower.

Great food and drink at good prices.

There are several other spots along the beach that have showers, some included and some for a small additional charge. Water is trucked in and is precious.

gary

I know this is an old thread, but has what I am looking for.

How far is Orange Fever from the pier and to get a taxi there, do you have to go over the "draw bridge" everyone is talking about. In other words, do I have to allow a lot of time to get back to the pier?

Thanks

I know this is an old thread, but has what I am looking for.

How far is Orange Fever from the pier and to get a taxi there, do you have to go over the "draw bridge" everyone is talking about. In other words, do I have to allow a lot of time to get back to the pier?

Thanks

No, it is not 'over the bridge'.

Orient is relatively close, and you should be there in 30 minutes from the Cruise Facility, and a similar trip back. There is rarely any major traffic problem between the two.

The bad news is that Orange Fever has raised their prices.

I think that they are up to $8 now.

gary

No, it is not 'over the bridge'.

Orient is relatively close, and you should be there in 30 minutes from the Cruise Facility, and a similar trip back. There is rarely any major traffic problem between the two.

The bad news is that Orange Fever has raised their prices.

I think that they are up to $8 now.

gary

OUCH!!! Can't believe they went up one dollar in 3 years. lol So Orange Fever is on Orient Beach? To get to Divi do you need to go over the bridge? I've narrowed it down to those 2 beaches. So of the 2, Divi and orange fever bar on Orient, give me your opinion on both.

Seems you have been to St. Martin often, in all my cruises, this will only be my 2nd time

Thanks for answering my ?'s I appreciate it

OUCH!!! Can't believe they went up one dollar in 3 years. lol So Orange Fever is on Orient Beach? To get to Divi do you need to go over the bridge? I've narrowed it down to those 2 beaches. So of the 2, Divi and orange fever bar on Orient, give me your opinion on both.

Seems you have been to St. Martin often, in all my cruises, this will only be my 2nd time

Thanks for answering my ?'s I appreciate it

Divi is well inside 'the bridge', but I really don't care for it. It is a 'manufactured' beach ( sand pumped from offshore), and not as pleasant as Orient.

We haven't been to Little Bay for years, and spend most of our days on Orient.

Taxi price is only a few dollars pp difference between the two, and you have a slew of choice for chairs and food/drinks on Orient. We like Orange Fever.

gary