Perks / Offers for booking onboard

stones902

I'm sure this has been asked and answered already but we are planning on booking a cruise for the while onboard the Constellation in November. I know they offer reduced deposit but a what sort of other perks might be offered? (Drink pkg / cabin credit). I know these change over time and I was wondering what is currently being offered?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm sure this has been asked and answered already but we are planning on booking a cruise for the while onboard the Constellation in November. I know they offer reduced deposit but a what sort of other perks might be offered? (Drink pkg / cabin credit). I know these change over time and I was wondering what is currently being offered?

The book onboard Future Cruises Program was just recently revamped, here are the details from the Celebrity Website

http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/t&c.html

If you can commit to an actual Cruise & Date the Cruise Now Offer is the better one.

But even then you can always change your booked cruise and keep the benefits as long as you don't cancel the Reservation / Booking Number (just transfer it to a different cruise & date)

Occasionally, there might be an offer on land that one might find more attractive... So be sure and keep an eye on things up until Final Payment Date (re- Offers, Specials & Captain Club Promos)

Example... I recently was able to take advantage of a land 123GO Offer with a Captain's Club Promo of bonus CC Points.

So it is important no matter how you book to keep an eye on things

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

When making a booking whilst on board, other than the refund / cancellation policy, is the offer the same for all no matter where your country of residence may be?

It is not often that the same Offers are available to everyone at the same time. Is it usually more beneficial to book on board or is it more the fact that they are selling to a captive 'audience' in a happy environment?

Maybe it is worth a look when I am on my cruise in October. I have not managed to pick the best time to book in the past and seem to miss 123 etc.

We booked about 2 weeks ago while on Millennium. We received the cabin upgrade and then basically had the choice of 2 of the PYP offers. We went for the drink package and could have had $200 OBC for the cruise we were on. Usually when we book when onboard we pay $200Aus deposit but if we wanted to received the $200 OBC for the current cruise we would have to pay the exchange rate of $200US which was about $215. As we had already purchased a pile of OBC for that cruise we opted to have the OBC for the new booking. Not sure why but that became $250 for the future cruise and $200Aus deposit

Edited by Pean

When making a booking whilst on board, other than the refund / cancellation policy, is the offer the same for all no matter where your country of residence may be?

It is not often that the same Offers are available to everyone at the same time. Is it usually more beneficial to book on board or is it more the fact that they are selling to a captive 'audience' in a happy environment?

Maybe it is worth a look when I am on my cruise in October. I have not managed to pick the best time to book in the past and seem to miss 123 etc.

There's no reduced deposit available for people from the UK it's £300 per cabin as standard and as normal it's non refundable. The other offers such as the 123 package and OBC for booking onboard do apply though :)

We booked last week on Solstice for four people, received cc upgrade for two cabins, classic drink package for four, gratuities for four, reduced deposit which matched our on board credit which we used on last weeks cruise.

We booked last week on Solstice for four people, received cc upgrade for two cabins, classic drink package for four, gratuities for four, reduced deposit which matched our on board credit which we used on last weeks cruise.

What Cat Cabin did you book? Some people think you get all that with an Inside. Thanks!

But even then you can always change your booked cruise and keep the benefits as long as you don't cancel the Reservation / Booking Number (just transfer it to a different cruise & date)

Is this true?

We booked a British Isle cruise for next August while we were onboard the Summit in July. At the time, we booked a suite and thought we would be sailing alone, just the two of us. We picked 2 perks (pre-paid grats and beverage package). We were then given OBC by our TA when the booking was transferred to them.

Since then, another couple has decided to join the trip and booked concierge class. Since we all want to dine together, etc., I contacted our travel agent and inquired about changing our reservation to concierge class and was told since pick 2 of 3 was not currently being offered, that we would lose one of the perks. We understood that our OBC provided by the TA was going to be lowered, but were hoping to keep the 2 perks we chose when booking onboard.

Is this correct? Just trying to verify and wanted to gauge the consensus of you all.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Is this true?

We booked a British Isle cruise for next August while we were onboard the Summit in July. At the time, we booked a suite and thought we would be sailing alone, just the two of us. We picked 2 perks (pre-paid grats and beverage package). We were then given OBC by our TA when the booking was transferred to them.

Since then, another couple has decided to join the trip and booked concierge class. Since we all want to dine together, etc., I contacted our travel agent and inquired about changing our reservation to concierge class and was told since pick 2 of 3 was not currently being offered, that we would lose one of the perks. We understood that our OBC provided by the TA was going to be lowered, but were hoping to keep the 2 perks we chose when booking onboard.

Is this correct? Just trying to verify and wanted to gauge the consensus of you all.

Thanks.

Yes, if you change your room should still have absolutely no problem keeping the perks. After all you are just changing from one balcony category to another, not even changing the cruise date at all.

I booked a cruise onboard for 2 rooms and have since changed the entire cruise to 6 months later and we retained all the perks we got for booking onboard which was PYP which we chose the beverage package and we also got $250 OBC from Celebrity too. These perks are all on our new confirmation for the new cruise we switched too.

I'd ask your TA to call Celebrity to verify.