Room key card is to pay?

koss78b2

Just a question, sailing on Getaway soon, is room key card only thing i need to charge everything to my account? so when i buy a bottle of beer, i show them my room card?

They may or may not take your card in order to swipe it at the machine, but yes, your room key is the way things are charged to your account onboard from drinks to souveniers in the gift shop.

Also, even if you choose to buy a "future cruise credit" onboard, it's charged to your ship card, not a credit card (although your ship card is tied to your credit card). They don't accept credit cards onboard.

FYI- A "Future cruise credit" is an offer they make to you only onboard. You can pay your $250 deposit for a future cruise (cruise within 4 years), they immediately credit your ship card with $100 OBC, which you can use before your current cruise ends (or on your next cruise). You end up with a $100 discount for paying your deposit in advance.

Edited by cruiser1955a

FYI- A "Future cruise credit" is an offer they make to you only onboard. You can pay your $250 deposit for a future cruise (cruise within 4 years), they immediately credit your ship card with $100 OBC, which you can use before your current cruise ends (or on your next cruise). You end up with a $100 discount for paying your deposit in advance.

One doesn't need to buy anything else during the cruise besides the FCR (Freestyle Cruise Reward), the $100 OBC will be instantly "used" by the $250 charge on that purchase making the actual cost only $150.

They just want people to believe that now they have extra $100 to spend onboard when actually anyone can walk away with only $150 balance from the FCR purchase on their account.