Any Outdoor Shade on Getaway?

LuvBNatC

I've been watching passenger videos of Getaway, trying to figure out if there's any shaded areas around the pool or in other outdoor spaces.

Yes, the Waterfront looks shady for part of the day, thanks to the large overhang. That's wonderful. I'll be spending time there! :)

I've seen rows of deck chairs lined up on a high exposed deck. I'd burn to a crisp up there in about 15 minutes.

I understand that seating is apparently extremely limited around the pool, but are there any seats there in shade at any time of the day?

Is there any shade in the Vibe area that would make it worthwhile to buy a pass?

(Asking to find out if I should bother packing any bathing suits.)

I'd say that most of the seats around the pool on the main pool deck (deck 15) are in the shade because they are underneath the pool deck on 16. They do fill up quickly, but the shady ones didn't seem to be saved as early as the ones right by the pool in the sun.

Perhaps the open air garden cafe on deck 15, under the rope course/mini golf?

Yes! Thank you, everyone. FreestyleNovice, that picture is great. Shows me where to prowl around for a good seat if the pool area is full.

LrgPizza, I wasn't sure what was under the overhang around the pool, if there were chairs or tables and chairs.

Looks like the bathing suits are going on a cruise after all! Woo Hoo!! :D

With skin cancer now one of the leading cancers, it boggles my mind to see those rows and rows of chairs sitting out under the blazing sun up top. I wonder how many cases of sun poisoning the ship's doctor treats every week? :confused: