Benefits to booking on board?

mamato5girls

If you know ahead of time what cruise you want to book and its a 7 day cruise the benefits are worthwhile. They changed the rules a bit if you are just purchasing a Next Cruise certificate without picking a cruise. I've done this twice on Jewel. The Loyalty Ambassador was different each time. The first time was great, the 2nd time I wanted to strangle the lady. The one thing that does remain constant is their desk is busy on the last sea day so we try to go early in the cruise.

The other constant about the Loyalty desk on Jewel is if the Loyalty Ambassador isn't there you will find that says Call the Guest Services for an appointment, which is frustrating because they won't give you one, they just send you back to the desk.

Hi, you don't really need to book while on the ship to get the OBC. 6 days after we got off the ship I booked a 15 night Panama cruise. I called Royal and they gave me $400 OBC - the same as if we booked on the ship. The only thing is you do have to pay the full deposit amount.

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board (formerly known as a NextCruise booking). OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board (formerly known as a Future Cruise booking). OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200...................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Do they allow you to book in different currencies on board? Or must it be booked in USD?

As I live in the UK would I still be able to book on board and get the US T&C (to take advantage of price drops for example) or would I be subject to the UK T&C and pay in £?

Thanks

Do they allow you to book in different currencies on board? Or must it be booked in USD?

As I live in the UK would I still be able to book on board and get the US T&C (to take advantage of price drops for example) or would I be subject to the UK T&C and pay in £?

Thanks

Last week on Seranade we tried to book a Quantum sailing and were quoted in Pounds. We wanted to do fly package and the price of airfare was £400 higher than fare in package quoted by UK RCI internet We purchased 2 Open booking certificates and booked on line when we returned home 3 days ago. The certificates were refused. Not happy. UK cruisers are not able to take advantage of offers ie. bogoff available on board to US cruisers.