Brilliance VS Explorer?

Vitamin_Sea

Been on both ships and love them both. Brilliance has glass elevators that face the sea, an outdoor eating area in the Windjammer, a Solarium pool with a retractable roof and self-leveling pool tables, etc. Explorer has a Promenade, great for people watching, their Solarium Pool rooftop is open, has an ice skating show and other bells and whistles. I would base my decision on the ports of calls and price. As Adults you can't go wrong with either ship.

We enjoyed both ships. However, we had friends do Explorer a couple of weeks ago and they were not happy with the way the ship looked. I have no idea what they found so lacking but they said they were going back to Carnival...I can't imagine any RCCL cruise being bad enough to send me to Carnival but maybe it was just a bad sail date. I think you will enjoy either ship. As far as the "tiny cabins", we didn't find that on either ship. We find the smallest cabins on the Oasis class ships. I would go for price or itinerary and enjoy your trip!

Taking your prior cruises into consideration Brilliance will be closer to Miracle and Explorer more like Freedom plus a little more.

I would determine which class/size of ship you prefer for this trip, then decide the rest. I enjoyed Brilliance and Oasis both, however, they are very different products.

As for comments on condition Explorer is due for regularly scheduled drydock this winter and Brilliance is nearing middle of the cycle.

I'd prefer Explorer...the outdoor Solarium is what I like...on Brilliance, it's enclosed as they never open the so-called "retractable" roof!

for almost $200 less were taking Brilliance.

plus the $75 OBC was nice.

Edited by limoguy1

We are also sailing on Brilliance in Jan 15. I'd love to see some reviews with pics, but I'm having a hard time finding any. When was Brilliance last in for dry dock?

I believe Brilliance was last in dry dock in May 2013.

Guest maddycat
Brilliance has a great layout without a promenade but has centrum area whilst explorer has ice rink and promenade plus flow rider now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Explorer does not have a flow rider.