NCL Pearl Ketchikan times?

lauren0309

I was all set to go to Alaska on Pearl in September 2015. On a travel web site it says the ship is in Ketchikan all day till 6 PM. Now I just looked on NCL's website and it says it only stays there till 1 PM. Which is the correct time. If 1 PM is the correct time doesn't give you much time there. Maybe I should call them up directly?

I was all set to go to Alaska on Pearl in September 2015. On a travel web site it says the ship is in Ketchikan all day till 6 PM. Now I just looked on NCL's website and it says it only stays there till 1 PM. Which is the correct time. If 1 PM is the correct time doesn't give you much time there. Maybe I should call them up directly?

I would trust NCL's information over a third party's, any day. But to be safe, a phone call could ease your mind.

I can't speak to it, personally, because my times are so different in May.

We are in Ketchikan on August 28, 2015 and we are departing at 1:30pm that day. You are right not much time. Trying to squeeze in a floatplane excursion to Traitors Cove which Island Wings said they can do.

I just noticed NCL Sun is in Ketchikan for longer hours than NCL Pearl and the cruise would be $600 cheaper. The Sun is Roundtrip from Vancouver whereas the Pearl is Roundtrip from Seattle. The money I would save on the Sun cruise would make up for the more expensive airfare leaving from Vancouver so either way it will come out to around the same price. I read its a nicer sailing from Vancouver but the ship seems to be smaller and older. Now I don't know if I'm better off on the Pearl or Sun.

In 2012 the Pearl left right at 1:30 - agreed there is not much time spent there.

The Sun usually does one way's between Vancouver and Whittier (Seward next year). There might be an exception for the first few trips. Often times the first and last cruises are different than the rest of the season.

You need to read the itineraries very carefully.

I saw the Sun has a roundtrip from Vancouver. It's $600 cheaper for me than the Pearl. The airfare is more going to Vancouver than going to Seattle so it evens out. Both cruises will just about ending up to be the same price. Now I have to decide which ship itself is better for Alaska. One is older than the other and smaller, I don't know much about the entertainment and such. I'm not sure now if I should go on the Pearl or Sun. I read its a nicer and smoother sailing out of Vancouver than Seattle but which ship is in better condition.

Edited by lauren0309

I saw the Sun has a roundtrip from Vancouver. It's $600 cheaper for me than the Pearl. The airfare is more going to Vancouver than going to Seattle so it evens out. Both cruises will just about ending up to be the same price. Now I have to decide which ship itself is better for Alaska. One is older than the other and smaller, I don't know much about the entertainment and such. I'm not sure now if I should go on the Pearl or Sun. I read its a nicer and smoother sailing out of Vancouver than Seattle but which ship is in better condition.

The departure from Vancouver goes to the east of Vancouver Island in the passage. The departure from Seattle goes to the west of Vancouver Island.

The money I would save on the Sun cruise would make up for the more expensive airfare leaving from Vancouver so either way it will come out to around the same price. I read its a nicer sailing from Vancouver but the ship seems to be smaller and older. Now I don't know if I'm better off on the Pearl or Sun.

I booked air for three with Air Canada from Indianapolis to Vancouver for $234pp one way for our July, 2015 cruise. Our original intent was to fly into Seattle and take Amtrak to Vancouver, but the air was just a cheap for me to skip that extra step and have more time in Vancouver. . .one of my favorite cities!

BTW, I have been on the Sun two times prior. Love her and her crew! She is consistently a CC favorite.

Today I departed the Sun which I was on for 2 weeks, the week prior I was on the Pearl. The Pearl did have a lot more food variety in the buffet. Bigger ship. I don't care about ships, my priority is Alaska. But, it may matter to some people.

As for the Seattle/Vancouver airfare, some can have significant savings flying in/out of Seattle. I mostly fly into Seattle- and have easily transferred to Seattle, by Amtrak, rental Car, Quick Shuttle, and last two trips- Greyhound- a bargain at about $40 for 2. There is also Bolt Bus. So some very reasonable transfers to also perhaps consider.