Concerned, Need Advice

catugirl

I'm in an AQ Suite on Reflection in November. One of the perks is a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant. I called X and booked the one we wanted for a specific night. It doesn't show at all when I look at my reservation. X didn't send me a confirmation email showing the reservation has been made. Has anyone else had this experience? Do I just assume ir's been done or should I call them again and request confirmation?

I'm in an AQ Suite on Reflection in November. One of the perks is a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant. I called X and booked the one we wanted for a specific night. It doesn't show at all when I look at my reservation. X didn't send me a confirmation email showing the reservation has been made. Has anyone else had this experience? Do I just assume ir's been done or should I call them again and request confirmation?

Absolutely call Celebrity and ask for a confirmation. I have ALWAYS received a confirmation within 20 minutes for any amenity that I have pre-purchased on Celebrity.

Having said that, I have never tried to book a complimentary dinner, but even if this doesn't generate the typical emailed confirmation, I would insist that I receive something to confirm my reservation, and the fact that the reservation is complimentary.

I once booked online reservations for 12 people for dinner (in two reservations) during the time that there was a 20% promotion on for the specialty restaurant in question. The online process did not show the 20% discount, so I called the Dining Consultant. He assured me that I would be given the discount onboard. On board, this did not happen until I actually produced the email confirmation that I had requested from the Dining Consultant.

I'm a big believer in carrying documentary back-up!

I would call Celebrity. That happened on a shore excursion that I booked for my January cruise. When I spoke with Celebrity, they said it was booked and I asked if they could send me a confirmation and I got the email while I was on the phone with them.

Thanks, CC members, for the advice. I just called X, and the lady said she couldn't send me a confirmation because it shows "pending." She said complimentary dinner reservations always show "pending." She also said she could only get into the notes on my cruise booking, not the booking itself because Celebrity was updating my booking. It seems they are always "updating" my booking!:rolleyes:

Thanks, CC members, for the advice. I just called X, and the lady said she couldn't send me a confirmation because it shows "pending." She said complimentary dinner reservations always show "pending." She also said she could only get into the notes on my cruise booking, not the booking itself because Celebrity was updating my booking. It seems they are always "updating" my booking!:rolleyes:
I'd maybe wait a few days and call back (in hopes that you get a different rep) and ask again to get a copy.

I had the same thing happen. When completing the reservation she asked for my email to send the confirmation. I never got it. I called a week or so later and the rep sent it right away. But it doesn't show on my reservation which doesn't surprise me.

It also seems impossible to book a comp reservation at a "prime" time either in advance or onboard. It's always early or later.

This is the first time I have heard of reserving ahead for a complimentary dinner --- do most people do that? We'll be in a suite on Reflection in January, and I thought we would take care of this onboard, but I don't want to be left out if most of the desirable times are taken. Also, I hear that suite passengers get priority reservations. Have suite passengers found it possible to get a specialty reservation during the week at a good time? How about the MDR --- any advantages there for Select? We'll have access to Michael's Club so we'll have the concierge to assist us.

Never assume - always get it confirmed and then, enjoy your dinner:)