Wharf extension OPT

Current view from the Sydney Cafe Web Cam seems to show a Catamaran.Ferry alongside Solstice. Dropping off Pax ????

video.cgi?resolution=640x480&dummy=1414284509412

Hey Flipper 133 Somehow I think you have got the actual live webcam and not the screenshot when the Solstice was there as there is no ship in the picture:confused:.

By the way she was originally scheduled to leave at 5pm pre the terminal change and in spite of a of all the changes was still away before 6pm. Well done team:D

Back to your original comment though, the ferries were debarking passengers at Campbell Cove AND via the shell doors of the ship on the Opera House side.

Yes it will be "interesting" tomorrow with the Solstice's first White Bay check in turnaround but I think with all the planning involved it should be OK:confused:

The fear of the unknown will no longer exist after tomorrow:D

Hi gbenjo - firstly let me say how good it has been to read information on this thread from someone who works onsite and can tell us what's happening. Can you please tell us what happened with the Solstice's first White Bay check in - were there some shuttles to take

people who turned up at OPT to White Bay and could you leave your luggage at the OPT or did you have to take it to White Bay?

Hey Flipper 133 Somehow I think you have got the actual live webcam and not the screenshot when the Solstice was there as there is no ship in the picture:confused:.

By the way she was originally scheduled to leave at 5pm pre the terminal change and in spite of a of all the changes was still away before 6pm. Well done team:D

Back to your original comment though, the ferries were debarking passengers at Campbell Cove AND via the shell doors of the ship on the Opera House side.

Yup GB...mucked that up a bit...and don't know how to get rid of the live link. Oh well.

Was watching sailaway.... it was about 4.30 Sunshine Time = 5.30 Sydney Time ...gee I hate not having Daylight Saving in Qld :(

Thought I was right... certainly at some stage there was a ferry alongside same as when they do tendering.... bit of practice for the pax :D

cheers

Hi gbenjo - firstly let me say how good it has been to read information on this thread from someone who works onsite and can tell us what's happening. Can you please tell us what happened with the Solstice's first White Bay check in - were there some shuttles to take

people who turned up at OPT to White Bay and could you leave your luggage at the OPT or did you have to take it to White Bay?

Hasn't it been great to have the inside dope on what's going on.

Yes Yes and No

Yes there were shuttles to take guests to White Bay if / when they arrived at the OPT. They ran all day

Yes. you can drop your luggage off at the OPT and then be taken to White Bay on the coach

So No you did not have to take it to White Bay ( just like I said:))

The day went smoothly and although there was a delay in getting the first ferry over ( not sure why) the ship left only an hour later than originally scheduled We were expecting to still be boarding pax at five o'clock but finished well before that.

Even when the wharf extension is complete, which I am told will be this week.... (settle down I said the wharf extension not the terminal renovations) the Solstice and any other vessel over 300 metres will still reverse into the berth. 300 metres is the maximum length at the OPT that a ship can berth bow in due to mooring line angles etc.

I knew what you meant, I didn't think for one moment the terminal would be finished so soon.;)

Yep the ship has left, The ferries are looking nice on the dark water. All is right with the OPT for now.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Yes Yes and No

Yes there were shuttles to take guests to White Bay if / when they arrived at the OPT. They ran all day

Yes. you can drop your luggage off at the OPT and then be taken to White Bay on the coach

The day went smoothly and although there was a delay in getting the first ferry over ( not sure why) the ship left only an hour later than originally scheduled We were expecting to still be boarding pax at five o'clock but finished well before that.

It is fabulous to have you as our personal information provider, your team has been working really hard to handle all the disruptions to normal processing. well done.:D

Yes Yes and No

Thanks again gbenjo. Your information has been so helpful.

Look again ... It's one of the Carnival ships in the photo!!! :D

Sorry Flipper133!

Graham - did you tell a lady to stop taking photos about half past twelve? Overall it was as good as it could be, but I don't know why the first ferry we were on took so long to scan and load. I am glad it got better at that.

Anecdotally people that left their luggage at the opt got it later after dinner.

I haven't been able to load up pics yet but I hope to in the next couple of days.

Graham - did you tell a lady to stop taking photos about half past twelve? Overall it was as good as it could be, but I don't know why the first ferry we were on took so long to scan and load. I am glad it got better at that.

Anecdotally people that left their luggage at the opt got it later after dinner.

I haven't been able to load up pics yet but I hope to in the next couple of days.

We look forward to seeing them, have a nice cruise.:D

Hi everyone and especially GBENJO,

We're coming down to the big smoke tomorrow, and staying o/night for our first ever trip on Celebrity - we booked right back in January!. ;) I've learned everything about Celebrity on these boards and from people like you who're more than happy to share their knowledge. :)

Has anything changed for our Thursday 30th sailing of the Century? We haven't heard any more since an email from our useless T/A last week, (we've only heard from her once, apart from being sent the Passenger Ticket) saying it was likely to be very busy at the OPT, and to stick to the time Celebrity told us for boarding. After a bit of checking, we've established the time for our deck to embark is 1.30. I assume it's the same time for wheelchair assistance on to the ship, which we've already booked.

So, the big question is, how's it going for a smooth sailout?

Thanks again for being there and sharing,

Lurv

ratacake

Hi everyone and especially GBENJO,

We're coming down to the big smoke tomorrow, and staying o/night for our first ever trip on Celebrity - we booked right back in January!. ;) I've learned everything about Celebrity on these boards and from people like you who're more than happy to share their knowledge. :)

Has anything changed for our Thursday 30th sailing of the Century? We haven't heard any more since an email from our useless T/A last week, (we've only heard from her once, apart from being sent the Passenger Ticket) saying it was likely to be very busy at the OPT, and to stick to the time Celebrity told us for boarding. After a bit of checking, we've established the time for our deck to embark is 1.30. I assume it's the same time for wheelchair assistance on to the ship, which we've already booked.

So, the big question is, how's it going for a smooth sailout?

Thanks again for being there and sharing,

Lurv

ratacake

G'day ratcake

You haven't been told about the arrangement for check in at White Bay?

G'day ratcake

You haven't been told about the arrangement for check in at White Bay?

I am sure it was not one of the ones to be checked in at White Bay. I thought it was only these ones.

Sunday 26th October Celebrity Solstice

Tuesday 28th October Rhapsody of the Seas

Monday 3rd November Celebrity Solstice

Tuesday 11th November Celebrity Century

Edited by MicCanberra

Here are a couple of pics of the passenger transfer from White Bay arriving at OPT.

Rhapsody of the Seas at OPT with the transfer ferry from White Bay docking st Campbells Cove.

70985CB9-75DE-484B-B0ED-3182EC8FC6EB_zps7yeqqnai.jpg

Passengers debark ferry and walk up ramp to secure side of dock for embarking.

B405CE41-E4C7-4B6D-AE6F-71CDF0BCFD7F_zpsicdc6iyp.jpg

Still having issues getting my photos uploaded, so good to see some up already. The drop off from the ferry is close to the ship.

I wanted to say a couple of things for people.

There is lots of parking for drop off at White Bay, but we would agree with anyone that said walking from the bus stop is a long way!

The walk at White Bay to the ferry to come to the ship is not short, so if you have any issues tell them and get the bus back around, as it stopped right next to the gangway which was fantastic.

Yes, it took a few hours, but the whole process was very well done, and while it was not a great first impression for people that were doing a cruise for the first time, or coming to Sydney for the first time, well, the OPT will be a better place in the long run.

I have a pic from when I got off the ferry, so I may have gotten a picture of Graham! I shall have to try that at a later date :)

Still having issues getting my photos uploaded, so good to see some up already. The drop off from the ferry is close to the ship.

I wanted to say a couple of things for people.

There is lots of parking for drop off at White Bay, but we would agree with anyone that said walking from the bus stop is a long way!

The walk at White Bay to the ferry to come to the ship is not short, so if you have any issues tell them and get the bus back around, as it stopped right next to the gangway which was fantastic.

Yes, it took a few hours, but the whole process was very well done, and while it was not a great first impression for people that were doing a cruise for the first time, or coming to Sydney for the first time, well, the OPT will be a better place in the long run.

I have a pic from when I got off the ferry, so I may have gotten a picture of Graham! I shall have to try that at a later date :)

Thanks for the extra information, it is certainly helpful.:D