Wharf extension OPT

Beats me what happened.

But anyway I'm so important I should say things twice...:p

And everyone should listen three times.

Might have something to do with your comment in post #320 :D:D:D

Looking forward to meeting you on the 15th December

I dont care about that :o Just ensure that the terminal is running nicely for the Solstice departure on the 27th Jan .. and that includeds having a cafe selling good coffee on the wharf

:D

and a red carpet would be nice to in fact a special CC fast track lane should be mandatory

Just dont stand there

Yes a special CC fast lane .. thats what we need !:p

Regards

John

Teld you so. [Actually lost the internet and when it reconected said it hadn't been sent so I clicked again].

Hope I'm not too excited to ask for you, as herself says only 42 more big sleeps, yipee.

Just so much to do between now and then.

Edited by GUT2407

I dont care about that :o Just ensure that the terminal is running nicely for the Solstice departure on the 27th Jan .. and that includeds having a cafe selling good coffee on the wharf

and a red carpet would be nice to in fact a special CC fast track lane should be mandatory

Just dont stand there

Yes a special CC fast lane .. thats what we need !:p

Regards

John

Well once on board I've seen "Friends of Bill" and "Friends of Dorothy" how about at OPT a "Friends of gbenjo" :cool:

Well once on board I've seen "Friends of Bill" and "Friends of Dorothy" how about at OPT a "Friends of gbenjo" :cool:

Yep that sounds a good idea , do they offer free coffee on the wharf?

Can I sign up now ??

Regards

John

Yep that sounds a good idea , do they offer free coffee on the wharf?

Can I sign up now ??

Regards

John

Well if it were to be like friends of Bill & Dorothy it will have to be coffee I guess:eek:

Who knows what it possible after the renovations, there was talk of a small cafe but nothing confirmed.... and a dedicated CC check in line.....you never know;);).......... Of course seeing that all the CC members are "seasoned cruisers" I would expect EVERYONE to have all their documentation to be filled out and signed correctly........not that it does not happen now

Edited by gbenjo

Well if it were to be like friends of Bill & Dorothy it will have to be coffee I guess:eek:

Who knows what it possible after the renovations, there was talk of a small cafe but nothing confirmed.... and a dedicated CC check in line.....you never know;);).......... Of course seeing that all the CC members are "seasoned cruisers" I would expect EVERYONE to have all their documentation to be filled out and signed correctly........not that it does not happen now

It happens occasionally, I look forward to the CC VIP line becoming a reality. :D

Mind you CC will get a whole lot busier once people find out there is a VIP line.:eek:

It happens occasionally, I look forward to the CC VIP line becoming a reality. :D

Mind you CC will get a whole lot busier once people find out there is a VIP line.:eek:

Well I promise that the six people in my party will have all their paperwork done nicely prior to arrival at OPT, just the health form to complete.

They will all have up to date passports and will not have concealed grog or contraband in their luggage

So be on the lookout for us on Jan 27th we will all have our amateur radio callsign badges on , four ladies including a pair of "Merry Widows" and two Gentlemen

So the red carpet would be nice and we all prefer Krug to Bollenger

I wonder if we could book the "superdooper" deluxe package where I understand you just have your man hand the paperwork to the officer and walk straight on board , where the Master is waiting to greet you.

Oh dear I just regret the passing of 'First, Cabin & Steerage' :p

Regards

John

Now for me can we have Pepsi Max [i'll live with Diet Coke if I have to], but not Diet Pepsi or Coke Zero OK.

Well I suppose if you MUST have that vile brew from the colonies then you must , but not out of the can , you can only have it if served in Waterford Crystal glasses

Oh dear what is the world coming to :p

regards

John

Well now that we are on the other side of Solstice we saw that some passengers are being brought to the tender docks on the ship. I don't know if they are still loading from White Bay on the other side near the OPT as we came in the staff entrance due to being back to back.

Some security dude wanted us to get on a bus and go to White Bay to get back on the ship! He had no idea when we said we were coming back on as consecutive cruisers and would come through the staff entrance. I would have been so annoyed if we didn't know better. If we had hesitated at all we would have been shoved on the bus.

boardingtender.jpg

Edited by goodycruising

Well I suppose if you MUST have that vile brew from the colonies then you must , but not out of the can , you can only have it if served in Waterford Crystal glasses

Oh dear what is the world coming to :p

regards

John

Happy to use Waterford Crystal or any other good crystal for that matter.

G'day goodcruising

Thanks for the photo

Well now that we are on the other side of Solstice we saw that some passengers are being brought to the tender docks on the ship. I don't know if they are still loading from White Bay on the other side near the OPT as we came in the staff entrance due to being back to back.

They were doing that the other day too, with passengers boarding both ways, is suspect to make it all quicker.

G'day Gut. I will be putting lots of pics up from the cruise on my webpage in a few weeks, but I hope to have some up in the next couple of days to start with. So looking forward to heading off to NZ :) I have taken way too many photos! :eek:

I look forward to seeing them.:D

Wow!!! talk about give an inch and they take a mile All I said was CHANCE of a Cruise Critic check in line....A CHANCE ONLY..... and we have everyone wanting champagne and personal butler services and red carpet:p..... what about the poor bugger (probably me) having to do all the check ins....oh that's right.... I forgot about all the tips you generous folk would throw about:D:D............. bring it on........ Would madam like some more caviar?:)

Just a little update on the progress of the terminal , the wharf extension is basically finished apart from the "cosmetics" and the Solstice yesterday was the first ship to tie up to the new dolphin mooring

33z2uyt.jpg

25koebt.jpg

And as I was leaving the OPT yesterday the new escalators ,3 sets of them, were being delivered and will,according to the workers, will be installed by today, so something else to take a photo of next Saturday.

Edited by gbenjo

Great news.:D

P.S. I have a tip for you already, make sure you always have one pocket with a zipper, so all the gratuities won't fall out when you pack up the red carpet.:p

No...I will have a LARGE bucket on the desk...a pocket would be too small:D and I will pay someone to roll up the red carpet for me ;)