Got UDP free - NCL says no free Cirque Dream show on 1st day?

iceberg1116

Here's a response that I got from NCL regarding the Cirque Dream show that are free if you have UDP. I couldn't make the reservation online so I called it in and they have trouble with it as well so the supervisor had to go research and get back to me. So does anyone have any experience with this?

"I got a response today about the Cirque dream charge issue on your bookings.

The Ultimate Dining Package on your bookings were given to you at no charge as part of a promotion being offered at the time of booking,

so it does not include the free Cirque dream show on the 1st night.

The show is only included on the 1st night if you purchased the Ultimate dining package for $119.00 per person for the 7 night cruise.

If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us or your Travel Agency."

Here's a response that I got from NCL regarding the Cirque Dream show that are free if you have UDP. I couldn't make the reservation online so I called it in and they have trouble with it as well so the supervisor had to go research and get back to me. So does anyone have any experience with this?

"I got a response today about the Cirque dream charge issue on your bookings.

The Ultimate Dining Package on your bookings were given to you at no charge as part of a promotion being offered at the time of booking,

so it does not include the free Cirque dream show on the 1st night.

The show is only included on the 1st night if you purchased the Ultimate dining package for $119.00 per person for the 7 night cruise.

If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us or your Travel Agency."

That sucks. You would think that the current policy should apply to all.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by wasiii

Gee, no freebie on top of a freebie :confused::)

That's what I thought at first, but I don't believe they ever changed the price of it and everyone was grandfathered into it.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Before I booked the trip, I called in to NCL specifically asking this question. I was told, yes, I can book the 1st night for free with the included UDP. I was also told this by our travel agent when she commented that "how nice, you get the UDP and Cirque show for 1st night", something to that extent.

There are also multiple comments on this board that indicated that this is the case. In addition, this particular supervisor seems to think so too and tried unsuccessfully to book our via a backdoor when the online reservation attempted to charge us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2025409

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2026029&highlight=cirque+dream+udp

Before I booked the trip, I called in to NCL specifically asking this question. I was told, yes, I can book the 1st night for free with the included UDP. I was also told this by our travel agent when she commented that "how nice, you get the UDP and Cirque show for 1st night", something to that extent.

There are also multiple comments on this board that indicated that this is the case. In addition, this particular supervisor seems to think so too and tried unsuccessfully to book our via a backdoor when the online reservation attempted to charge us.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2025409

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2026029&highlight=cirque+dream+udp

If NCL gave this promise to you in writing, I don' t think you will have any trouble collecting. Same with your TA, tell them about their promise and ask them to get you what they promised you. Really sounds like your issue is with your TA.

The fact that the UDP was free means you are asking for a freebie because they gave you a freebie.

If NCL gave this promise to you in writing, I don' t think you will have any trouble collecting. Same with your TA, tell them about their promise and ask them to get you what they promised you. Really sounds like your issue is with your TA.

The fact that the UDP was free means you are asking for a freebie because they gave you a freebie.

No, they didn't give it to me in writing. I asked the question on the phone one time to NCL and got a comment from my travel agent. Also, from other people experience, it does seem like it is provided for free even if UDP is included so I wonder whether it is just a matter of waiting for a few more weeks until I get closer or there is something else that I'm missing.

I'm able to make reservations for the restaurants with no problem so it is just this additional perk that I'm having trouble with.

Question: Is Illusionarium and Cirque show the same time or is completely different shows on Breakaway & Getaway? Because if it's two different shows, there lies the problem - maybe the free show for the promotion is for the Illusionarium only and not Cirque? Its just thought...

Question: Is Illusionarium and Cirque show the same time or is completely different shows on Breakaway & Getaway? Because if it's two different shows, there lies the problem - maybe the free show for the promotion is for the Illusionarium only and not Cirque? Its just thought...

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#diningpackage

According to this link, it says Cirque Dream after 4/10/14

I'm not sure if it is a change of policy or not to simply take away the freebie that would have been included with a purchase.

Just a thought .... If you are sailing on the Epic and embark in Rome, try booking Cirque Dreams the night that you are in Barcelona.

Although I purchased the UDP for $119, I was unable to book Cirque Dreams for free on embarkation day. I could only book it for free the night we were in Barcelona. Took me a few days to figure it out.

I know you said you got the UDP for free, and I paid for mine, but thought I'd make the suggestion anyway, just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by vondofife

I sailed in an H4 on Breakaway in August. I got the UDP special along with free UBP for the six of us since we were in the Haven.

I was able to book and attend Cirque the first evening. I booked online for free and as I said I got to UBP and UDP for free when I booked.

I am leaving on the Getaway on Saturday. I was able to book the Illusionarium for the first night free of charge online.

I also received the UDP for free with the promotion.

I also received the UDP for free on my 5/31 Getaway cruise and was also able to book Ilusionarium for free on the first night.

Maybe they have recently changed their policy. I remember commenting on another post about this recently but I can't find it.

Just a thought .... If you are sailing on the Epic and embark in Rome, try booking Cirque Dreams the night that you are in Barcelona.

Although I purchased the UDP for $119, I was unable to book Cirque Dreams for free on embarkation day. I could only book it for free the night we were in Barcelona. Took me a few days to figure it out.

I know you said you got the UDP for free, and I paid for mine, but thought I'd make the suggestion anyway, just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Epic wasn't included in the free UDP promo, so the OP must be on the Breakaway.