Price drop alert!

panoramaofthepast

There seems to be a lot of price drops and sales on cruises particularly those headed for Europe & the Mediterranean. In view of what is going on in our world today, not surprised. Have been both places, but would think twice about booking in that area right now.

There are always price drops to Europe and the Med this time of year. We will be taking our 15th trip to Europe next June and all of these trips have been since 9/11. The events of 9/11 showed us that it is a very small world and just because we are in the U.S. we are not immune to terrorism.I feel the price cuts have as much to do with the high air fares as anything else.However even when the airfares were much lower we still always got big price drops this time of year.We have traveled all over Eastern and Western Europe since 9/11 and there is not one of these trips I would give up because I was ruled by fear. I would not travel to the Middle East now so I am afraid I have missed my chance to go to Israel and even Egypt.I have been to Turkey and Greece within the last 2 years which I totally enjoyed.I guess we all make our own choices in life and I choose to travel.I am not a fearful person though and have always felt very comfortable traveling all around Europe on my own not with a tour.

Sorry if I seemed to infer that one should be fearful of travel as I certainly am not. I leave on my 24th cruise in 2 weeks and already have another booked, first one in 1973 on board "Spirit of London." Just cautious about where I travel when and the eastern "Med" would not be my choice right now when there are so many other beautiful places that are not so distressed.

Here is what the postcard from Princess that I got says:

National Cruise Vacation Week sale

Oct. 2-14 only

go to princess.com/sale

get up to 30% off plus prepaid gratuities, onboard spending money

campaign code PP4MD037

I will be checking to see if any of these goodies will apply to my Jan. 18 Emerald cruise.

Here is what the postcard from Princess that I got says:

National Cruise Vacation Week sale

Oct. 2-14 only

go to princess.com/sale

get up to 30% off plus prepaid gratuities, onboard spending money

campaign code PP4MD037

I will be checking to see if any of these goodies will apply to my Jan. 18 Emerald cruise.

Mine just arrived today so I will check prices again on Thursday :)