Aft Cabin on Magic or Larger Balcony Deck 7 or 8?

scuddles

For those of you that have been on the Magic and sailed in Aft Cabins, I need your views.

Would you choose Deck 7 or 8 and if so why?

Also is it seems that the center cabins have slightly larger decks just because of how the ship is curved. Is this correct?

If 8462 or 8469 was available would you take those over the Aft?

I have read reviews and I feel an Aft would be better but my DH is leaning toward the larger side balcony because he think the cabins seem larger.

The center cabins have balconies thay are very slightly, but not significantly, longer because of the railing curvature. The cabin is good sized.

I prefer one of the two centers on deck 7. Will be trying one on deck 9 in 10 days. We needed a cabin for 3 this time and there are only 2 of them, both on 9.

Next June it's back to 7466!

The aft balconies on the Magic are awesome, due to size and view, but do not provide much shade or privacy. We love the aft balconies, but do not spend the extra with Carnival because of the lack of cover...Just depends on your preference.

Ditto this...I loved the aft but we could only enjoy the balcony during the evenings. It was so hot it was unbearable.

the balcony's for cabins 8468 & 8475 are about a 1\3 larger then a regular balcony. I stayed in cabin 8475 on the Magic and we loved it. These cabins are next to the "Aft Wrap" cabins. You can look around the partition and have great views.

The balcony is open and people below or above you can see when you are standing at the railing.

I would recommend any aft cabins on deck 7 or 8 since these have decks between the Lido pool (deck 10) or the clubs on deck 5.

I enjoyed the opportunity to have an aft "extended", just to get a different perspective, but I won't be rushing to do it again. The "extended" is not very much. The angle of the railing takes away a portion of the useful space, so ultimately the "extended" amount isn't really noticeable. I also felt like we were always looking at where we were coming from, rather than where we were going, which wasn't a big deal, but isn't something I'd choose.