Shuttle from MIA to port - alamo

gcgold

Hi Guys

Getting a bit more used to driving on the wrong side :eek: of the road and hiring a (big) car in Orlando a week before the boat leaves. Should be able to make it to Miami in 5 days ? :confused:

Last time we departed Miami , I droppped the boss lady & her dad with all the luggage ( cases x 3 golf clubs x3 plus hand luggage :eek:) and then drove to the airport returned the hire car and jumped on a shuttle back to the port. Saves a lot of hassle putting them on the shuttle and then getting them back off again especially if its hot !

Staying South Beach previous night so makes sense to me doing it this way.

2 questions.

Can the bosslady and her dad check in separately to me, or have X stopped this - somone at boss lady's golf club said you cant do it anymore, but dont really want to take their word for it.

Have the shuttles from the airport stopped. I cannot seem to find any reference to them on t'interweb .

Any advice assistance greatly appreciated

can't help about the shuttle but if all of you have your own Xpress Pass, you should each be able to check in separately. The one issue that might come up is the credit card. But an easy way around that is to tell the check in people that you are setting up a cash account, but then as soon as you are on board, go back to the credit card, this is assuming you only have one card.

Only way to tell if a particular rental company has shuttle service is to call the rental company. Some may and some may not.

I've not rented a car in Miami but I know at Fort Lauderdale where they have a common shuttle to a "rental center" only customers of certain participating car rental companies are allowed to use it and you must show proof you're renting from one of those companies.

Clarification needed...

Are you inquiring about a Celebrity Shuttle (Airport to Port) ... Or are you asking about a Rental Car Shuttle ... Or some other Transpo Shuttle that connects these two locations ?

Trying to follow your train of thought and what you did in the past

Cheers!

Clarification needed...

Are you inquiring about a Celebrity Shuttle (Airport to Port) ... Or are you asking about a Rental Car Shuttle ... Or some other Transpo Shuttle that connects these two locations ?

Trying to follow your train of thought and what you did in the past

Cheers!

either an alamo car rental shuttle or a celebrity -dont mind 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

either an alamo car rental shuttle or a celebrity -dont mind

Celebrity will have a "transfer" bus or shuttle from the luggage claim area of the airline terminal. They charge for this and I'm not sure if you have to have it pre-arraigned (and pre-purchased) or if you can do this on the spot. In my experience at other airports, if the rental car company has a shuttle to the pier it will be complimentary for their customers at no charge. Your best bet is to check with Alamo on this as there is a good chance they do provide it at no extra charge and, if so, it will likely be straight from the rental return location without having to transfer back to the airport terminal.

Edited by Lsimon

thanks for that.

is it true that florida will start driving on the correct side of the road ( left) as of jan 1 2015. make it easier for me - dont like dodging oncoming traffic on my side of the road

thanks for that.

is it true that florida will start driving on the correct side of the road ( left) as of jan 1 2015. make it easier for me - dont like dodging oncoming traffic on my side of the road

Lol, well that explains this statement...

Getting a bit more used to driving on the wrong side of the road and hiring a (big) car in Orlando a week before the boat leaves. Should be able to make it to Miami in 5 days ?

And taking 5 days to make the relatively short trek of 235 Miles / 378 Kms from Orlando to Miami.

Lol, then again... Knowing that us NAs have a lot bigger continent / countries and our passion for our cars / driving long distances... I have recently discovered thru chats with others from the UK you all think us nuts for striking out by car on a 5 to 12 hour day long journey... Said friends tell me that driving in the UK that they are ready for a nap / sleep over after a mere 3 hours ;)

I have not been to the UK yet... But am now thinking I need to up my first visit from 2 or 3 weeks to see this entire country that is smaller than many of Canada's Provinces... To ideally 2 or 3 months to see all the great sights that exist there

Lol, I suppose I can now blame it on the stress of driving on the wrong / right side of he road... With oncoming traffic

I think tho that instead of a "wee nap" .. My downfall may very well be a "snug pub" :D

Cheers Mate!

It has been great chatting with someone here on CC who has a good sense of humour... Hope you have a wonderful cruise & vacation :cool:

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

thanks for that.is it true that florida will start driving on the correct side of the road ( left) as of jan 1 2015. make it easier for me - dont like dodging oncoming traffic on my side of the roadSent from my iPhone using Forums

Driving on the wrong side of the road in Florida is one thing...but...when will they start playing cricket...?

thanks for that.

Greetings

No worries, we have lots of residents who often decide to drive on the wrong side of the road :D. You should fit right in :).

Good Sailing

Tom

Reminds my of the joke about a woman who phoned her husband to tell him to be careful on the freeway as there was a live report on the TV news of someone driving the wrong way. He responded "I know, in fact EVERYONE is driving the wrong way!"

Edited by Lsimon

Alamo does have a bus(shuttle) that runs from MIA to the cruise boats. I picked up a car at MIA in August and rode the shuttle to the rental center.

thanks for that 😃

one more question does the shuttle drive on the right hand side of the road - it did last time and i was terrified- if so should i just close my

eyes and wait for people getting off 😜

one more question does the shuttle drive on the right hand side of the road - it did last time and i was terrified- if so should i just close my

eyes and wait for people getting off

That will work just fine on the shuttle. :D

But it might not work out real well when you're driving the rental (hire) car.:eek:

driving no issue - have a big union jack (uk flag) flying on top of the car seems like the crazy people coming towards me on MY side of the road then realise the error of their ways.