Id problems.

ravluis

PLEASE HELP! Feb. 2015 my family and I will be cruising on Glory. My sister in-law will be getting married this upcoming November. So for the cruise we booked her room under her soon to be married name. For some odd reason she forgot the cruise was booked under her soon to be married last name, and she got a new passport under her maiden name. Would it be okay for her to use that passport and just bring her marriage certificate with her since the cruise is booked under her married name? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This isn't a question for Cruise Critic boards-- you will just get "opinions", half of which will be incorrect.

This is something you need to ask of Carnival, and ask it soon, so that you can make adjustments in booking name or passport if need be.

FYI -- although recommended, a passport is not actually required to cruise -- a birth certificate will suffice if push came to shove.

Edited by Lovefuninthesun

PLEASE HELP! Feb. 2015 my family and I will be cruising on Glory. My sister in-law will be getting married this upcoming November. So for the cruise we booked her room under her soon to be married name. For some odd reason she forgot the cruise was booked under her soon to be married last name, and she got a new passport under her maiden name. Would it be okay for her to use that passport and just bring her marriage certificate with her since the cruise is booked under her married name? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is what Carnival states:

"Names on Travel Documentation

It is important that the guest’s full name on the cruise and airline tickets be the same as the guest’s non-expired government-issued photo ID they plan to use for travel identification. In the event of a different name on the cruise/airline ticket and the guest’s photo ID as a result of a marriage, divorce or a legal name change, documentation supporting this change is required (at embarkation), such as a marriage certificate, marriage license or legal name change court document. Failure to bring documentation bridging the name differences could result in denied boarding.

Note: For newly married or soon-to-be married brides, we strongly recommend that if the non-expired government-issued photo ID is in the maiden name, the cruise booking be made in the maiden name (do not include the married name); If the reservation was made in the married name, but the non-expired government-issued photo ID is in the maiden name, documentation supporting this change is required (at embarkation), such as a marriage certificate or marriage license. Failure to bring documentation bridging the name differences could result in denied boarding."

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/files/irman/bookccl/sections/traveldocs.ashx

If she gets married in the first year the passport is issued I believe she can get a new passport with her married for no additional cost, so once she gets married in November she should apply for the new passport.

Simple solution #1: Bring the passport, birth certificate, and marriage license. The marriage license is a bridge document to show the change.

Simple solution #2: Call Carnival, and ask them to change the name.

If she gets married in the first year the passport is issued I believe she can get a new passport with her married for no additional cost, so once she gets married in November she should apply for the new passport.

This is correct. Tell her to submit the paperwork for a name change once she gets her official marriage license back.

Simple solution #1: Bring the passport, birth certificate, and marriage license. The marriage license is a bridge document to show the change.

Simple solution #2: Call Carnival, and ask them to change the name.

Some rates don't allow name changes though, such as early saver. And other rates will incur a fee. May not be so "simple."

This is correct. Tell her to submit the paperwork for a name change once she gets her official marriage license back.

Be careful, the first step, social security card, can take weeks, then the DL in some states is mailed, again days to weeks. Then passport, more weeks. This is the issue for me and my wife, she is still waiting on her Passport, and we were married september last year, the time adds up quickly, in her case, she did wait until May to start it all, but still, we are looking at over 4 months for all of it.

Some rates don't allow name changes though, such as early saver. And other rates will incur a fee. May not be so "simple."

They may make an exception, even for early saver. My mom did the booking for our last cruise and didn't use my correct married name. I called to correct it, and no one said a word about a charge. It's just a correction to the passengers name, not changing out a name for a different person.