dress on the crystal

pghbabe

I was on the crystal with a girlfriend about five years ago but did not pay any attention to the men's dress. My boyfriend is very casual. He will bring a dark suit and a sports jacket but what can he we:confused:ar for dinner. Does he have to have a button down shirt or can he wear a collared shirt sans jacket. Also can he wear bermuda shorts while in port and for breakfast or lunch?

I was on the crystal with a girlfriend about five years ago but did not pay any attention to the men's dress. My boyfriend is very casual. He will bring a dark suit and a sports jacket but what can he we:confused:ar for dinner. Does he have to have a button down shirt or can he wear a collared shirt sans jacket. Also can he wear bermuda shorts while in port and for breakfast or lunch?

Crystal Symphony Dress Code

During the daytime, country club casual proliferates. At night, folks tend to dress up (except for "informal" evenings, when the resortwear code continues). Our 10-night trip had three formal nights -- men wore tuxedos and suits, while women wore long gowns and elegant pants outfits.

On formal nights, men will wear tuxes, suits or sportcoats with dress slacks, dress shirt and tie. He will feel out of place without a tie on formal nights. And unlike other cruise lines, Crystal doesn't have an alternate restaurant where you can dress casual on formal nights---the only choice is room service.

On resort casual nights, slacks and a collared shirt is what men wear. Shorts are ok for breakfast and lunch, but there used to be a time when they didn't allow shorts on anyone in the MDR. Of course he can wear shorts in the ports. Cruise lines don't control what you wear when off the ship.