Coffee on board Ventura

wobblybob74

Hello all,

I've had a quick search on this forum but haven't found a definitive answer.

What is the coffee situation on board Ventura? We've cruised twice before with Princess and bought a coffee card each time. Is there such a thing on P&O? On our last cruise on Grand Princess, I enjoyed getting up (relatively!) early and heading for the Atrium to have a coffee or two, and perhaps an egg and bacon muffin and watching the heart of the ship 'wake up'. Is there somewhere on Ventura that I can do this?

Also, what is the coffee served in the MDR after dinner?

Many thanks, as always, in advance :D

Rob.

I am not entirely certain abouit the exact costings, but you can purchase a Costa Coffee card for a set number of coffees, possibly ten, which ensures that you get a benefit for doing so. This could be getting your drinks a few pence cheaper, or the equivalent of purhcase ten, pay for nine, that kind of thing.

I am sure that it will not be long before someone posts the exact deal.

With after dinner coffees in the MDRs you were offered the one cup of whatever it was within the coffee pot.

There is a Costa coffee place in the Atrium on deck 5. A card for 10 coffees costs £22.50. You also get pastries or cakes etc at no extra cost with your coffee. You can also get tea and coffee at no cost from the facilities in your cabin or from the machines in the self service.

Brian

The coffee isnt great on Ventura, the coffee from the self serve machine in the buffet is vile, the after dinner coffee marginally better and the Costa is bearable at best.

You would get a better coffee taking sachets of Starbucks Via with you to be honest.

The "free" cakes that you get with a Costa are similar to what is found on other lines for free 24 hours a day without having to purchase a coffee.

Dont ask for a cake without buying a coffee, you would think you were asking for a free upgrade to a suite!

I have to agree with the snack per drink thing - you would have thought I was asking for a goat to be slaughtered when I asked for two cookies to go with the coffee and coke we ordered. Ironically I have had better out of date 10p Asda "whoops!" cookies, and the cakes look nicer than they taste!

I didn't find the coffee too bad, but I'm easily pleased and tend to stick to granules of decaff with hot water rather than the preprepared stuff.

Yes, the International Cafe on Princess is absolutely fantastic. On Ventura, we bought a coffee card but the service at Costa was appalling, you could die of thirst. On the whole we preferred Ruby Princess to Ventura even though the physical ship was the same.

If you're lucky enough to have a suite you get a Philips Senseo coffee machine in your cabin and coffee pods supplied, I think they are medium roast. I have a Senseo at home and I take the dark roast pods with me as I like my coffee strong :)

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Gymbod