Carnival gift cards

scameron7

A few months ago (June/July) Carnival had a special promo for gift card purchases. Buy a gift card get another for 10% of the value. I took advantage of this deal and was wondering if anyone knows how often carnival does this promotion? It's a great deal...We're travelling in November on the Carnival Breeze and hoped this promo would be offered again before November. Any ideas?#excited

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have a Verizon rewards account you can buy e-gift cards with your points. They are 10% off. I have bought $700 worth for $630 and 7000 points. It is a great deal when you get on board you can apply them to your sign and sail account.

If you have a Verizon rewards account you can buy e-gift cards with your points. They are 10% off. I have bought $700 worth for $630 and 7000 points. It is a great deal when you get on board you can apply them to your sign and sail account.

Same here! I've been buying a couple here and there when I have a little extra on payday. I've racked up $400 in gc's since July, saving money in the long run. I plan on continuing until I have enough for the cheers package (who says you can't pre-pay your cheers package?!? ;) ), and a couple hundred more for pics and bingo. Super excited about this, and my budgeting brain LOVES it!

A few months ago (June/July) Carnival had a special promo for gift card purchases. Buy a gift card get another for 10% of the value. I took advantage of this deal and was wondering if anyone knows how often carnival does this promotion? It's a great deal...We're travelling in November on the Carnival Breeze and hoped this promo would be offered again before November. Any ideas?#excited

I'm hoping for this, too ... since I'm not a Verizon customer. I'm kinda mad at myself for not taking advantage of this the first time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Great idea if your a verizone customer, however; I live if Canada ....no verizone for us! Boo! Wondering again, whether anyone knows whether Carnival typically offers the same deals over again. in this case, but a gift card get another for 10% of the value?

Great idea if your a verizone customer, however; I live if Canada ....no verizone for us! Boo! Wondering again, whether anyone knows whether Carnival typically offers the same deals over again. in this case, but a gift card get another for 10% of the value?

I would like to know as well. This is not a thread about the Verizon Rewards program gift cards but the Carnival Gift cards purchased directly through Carnival offer: buy one-get the second for 10% of the face value of the card. Anyone?

When offered in June/July, I bought $1000 in GC's. I then paid on my cruise and now have $100 to put down as OBC. :D

As far as I know, this was the first time I have ever seen this offer. Of course I could be wrong and if so, please someone, let us know and then I will keep an eye out for the next offer.

When offered in June/July, I bought $1000 in GC's. I then paid on my cruise and now have $100 to put down as OBC. :D

As far as I know, this was the first time I have ever seen this offer. Of course I could be wrong and if so, please someone, let us know and then I will keep an eye out for the next offer.

Do you recall how you learned about the offer? I'm hoping an email blast went out but you never know ;)

Do you recall how you learned about the offer? I'm hoping an email blast went out but you never know ;)

The first I heard about the offer was on this sited. Specifically on the this Carnival message board. Certainly not advertised anywhere. Once again, thanks to all who do their bit to keep us all informed.

I bought $1800 in gift cards back in June during the promotion, paid off my cruise with them, used my Carnival credit card and got the points for it towards my $200 OBC and got $180 in gift cards from the 10% for OBC. A good deal all the way around.

It was a Fathers Day promo and it was the first time I have ever heard of such a promo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Father's Day promo was the first time that Carnival has ever had the 10% back deal. It hasn't popped up again, but it'd be lovely if it did. We were able to take advantage of it and used it to pay off our Thanksgiving cruise.

You are right. I had forgot about it being the fathers day promo. Maybe next year. :D

Just a dumb question, can these verizon cards be used to pay for the cruise itself or just the other things like excursions and cheers?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a huge thread you can search for Verizon Rewards here on Cruise Critic with lots of information.

The Father's Day promo was the first time that Carnival has ever had the 10% back deal. It hasn't popped up again, but it'd be lovely if it did. We were able to take advantage of it and used it to pay off our Thanksgiving cruise.

That's the first time I've ever heard about this kind of promotion.

One of gals from our cruise last January messaged me about the email she received which I did not receive.

I then went into the website and found the offer.

Bought $1400 so I got $140 extra for OBC. Paid off both of our January B2B cruises & still have $600 left for future cruises or I can put it on our S & S card.