Pre-Paid Spa Package Booking Problems

IslandFoxyCouple

I have been trying for over 35 days now to book a pre-paid spa package for my upcoming sailing on the MSC Divina, departing October 18th.

The pre-paid package lists can be found on MSC's website here - http://msccruisesgetforms.com/forms/packages.aspx

I am interested in booking the "All Exclusive" spa package, but sadly it's not available to be booked through the website (only a shortened list of the master list is available for booking online) so I have been attempting to book this by phone. I had contacted MSC customer service only to be advised that they would have to check with the ship to see if this package was still available. Promises made to get back to me by phone and email in a day or two, but weeks later and I never hear a peep! Since weeks had passed I decided to call MSC customer service back to follow-up on my request to see if a response has been received from the ship, only to be told that their were no notes under our reservation and no request sent for my primary, secondary or third requests on this matter.

Anyone else having problems trying to spend money with MSC before boarding?

Hi,

I have also had trouble with MSC.U.K trying to book excursions for our cruise in october.I have given up and will try to book when I get onboard.

I would suggest that if you cannot pre-book spa services then as soon as you board try to sort it out then. Go to customer service/reception and ask their advice. Usually most ships will have offers on spa treatments on port days.

Regards.

Di

Hi,

I have also had trouble with MSC.U.K trying to book excursions for our cruise in october.I have given up and will try to book when I get onboard.

I would suggest that if you cannot pre-book spa services then as soon as you board try to sort it out then. Go to customer service/reception and ask their advice. Usually most ships will have offers on spa treatments on port days.

Regards.

Di

Trouble with the spa packages is that, unlike excursions, they are not available to book onboard. You have to book them individually and it costs a lot more. They have some deals onboard but they are rarely as good as those available to book in advance.

Normally they are not pre paid packages for the spa but booked as an onboard service, so you book before your cruise but it is added to your onboard account. Not all packages are available on all sailings.

Just had a look the original poster quoted it was from Jan2013 until winter 2013/2104 - so expired at the end of winter earlier this year. That is probably why it is not available. Is there not something similar currently in the onboard services option?

Edited by AmoMondo

I've addressed this issue too with MSC. The list of spa packages in the pdf should be removed. There are only a few packages that are actually available online. I called MSC about this before I sailed in April and they said that I could book a package when I boarded. Not true. The spa is owned and operated by a different company. You must book your package online before you board. The manager was nice enough to sell me the package I wanted but only have some serious discussion about what MSC had told me. The few packages that are listed in the drop down menu online are very limited. I did the Platinum Rose the first time I sailed but really didn't like the Sea and Volcanoes but loved the Sunrise Lulur. Just a preference. There will be daily specials but waiting for them and getting the time you want is a challenge that I personally didn't want to deal with on vacation.

I have been trying for over 35 days now to book a pre-paid spa package for my upcoming sailing on the MSC Divina, departing October 18th.

The pre-paid package lists can be found on MSC's website here - http://msccruisesgetforms.com/forms/packages.aspx

I am interested in booking the "All Exclusive" spa package, but sadly it's not available to be booked through the website (only a shortened list of the master list is available for booking online) so I have been attempting to book this by phone. I had contacted MSC customer service only to be advised that they would have to check with the ship to see if this package was still available. Promises made to get back to me by phone and email in a day or two, but weeks later and I never hear a peep! Since weeks had passed I decided to call MSC customer service back to follow-up on my request to see if a response has been received from the ship, only to be told that their were no notes under our reservation and no request sent for my primary, secondary or third requests on this matter.

Anyone else having problems trying to spend money with MSC before boarding?

Extremely easy to book...go to the site you referenced above, click on 'Book Spa Packages' (it's written in blue right next to the Download File button) and a form comes up entitled Special Services Request Form. You just type in the package you want, the price it is, and your credit card info, and you are booked! I did this a week ago and booked a package for my daughter and myself. I got a reply from them within the hour confirming my purchase and my card was charged almost immediately. I did NOT choose from one of the three they offer on the drop down menu. I chose the All Exclusive and it was no problem at all. Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
Extremely easy to book...go to the site you referenced above, click on 'Book Spa Packages' (it's written in blue right next to the Download File button) and a form comes up entitled Special Services Request Form. You just type in the package you want, the price it is, and your credit card info, and you are booked! I did this a week ago and booked a package for my daughter and myself. I got a reply from them within the hour confirming my purchase and my card was charged almost immediately. I did NOT choose from one of the three they offer on the drop down menu. I chose the All Exclusive and it was no problem at all. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the assistance and I have since tried your suggestion. The website confirmed my submission, but unfortunately I haven't received a confirmation for my booking from the ship or the spa nor has my credit card been charged. You say you received a reply from them... who was this from? was the reply by phone or email? Perhaps it takes longer for those outside of the US?

I received an email confirmation about two days later. When we boarded the ship, we went straight to the spa to book our massages. They had it in their system so we were good to go. Just returned from our cruise and the massages were the best I've ever had! No problems whatsoever.

I received an email confirmation about two days later. When we boarded the ship, we went straight to the spa to book our massages. They had it in their system so we were good to go. Just returned from our cruise and the massages were the best I've ever had! No problems whatsoever.

Is there a shower in the spa? Besides steamroom/sauna....anything else?

Thanks

Thank you for the assistance and I have since tried your suggestion. The website confirmed my submission, but unfortunately I haven't received a confirmation for my booking from the ship or the spa nor has my credit card been charged. You say you received a reply from them... who was this from? was the reply by phone or email? Perhaps it takes longer for those outside of the US?

I did the same thing the above posted suggested, but booking the Doremi package vouchers for my daughter. I got an email from MSC within a couple hours telling me the packages had been added. I emailed back and asked for a detailed receipt showing the actual package added, within about 15 minutes I had another email showing me the entire reservation with my paid for packages. I emailed back and asked if I could also get my luggage tags as I have not received them from my TA, next morning I had emails with the luggage tags.