Carnival Vista - What do we know so far?

KMVigs

What we know so far:

1) She'll debut in early 2016

2) She'll be 135,000 grt, and 1,055 ft long

A rendering will most likely be released later this year. Those are pretty much the only concrete facts that are available, although there's a lot of speculation.

What we know so far:

1) She'll debut in early 2016

2) She'll be 135,000 grt, and 1,055 ft long

A rendering will most likely be released later this year. Those are pretty much the only concrete facts that are available, although there's a lot of speculation.

So, essentially, another derivative from the Destiny class being only slightly heavier and longer than the Carnival Breeze.

Carnival Breeze: 130,000 gross tonnage and 1,004 feet long

Destiny, Triumph, Conquest, Splendor, Dream and Sunshine class vessels, as well as a multitude of Costa vessels are all based off the late Carnival Destiny.

Edited by Disconnections

So, essentially, another derivative from the Destiny class being only slightly heavier and longer than the Carnival Breeze.

Destiny, Triumph, Conquest, Splendor, Dream and Sunshine class vessels, as well as a multitude of Costa vessels are all based off the late Carnival Destiny.

The specific design details are not known so perhaps that could be true but I also heard it might be an enlarged Vista/Spirit hybrid design.

Not quite sure how you are making the jump to this based upon two known facts: Length and gross tonnage. Let's get some more info before we go off on what it is or not is.

Not quite sure how you are making the jump to this based upon two known facts: Length and gross tonnage. Let's get some more info before we go off on what it is or not is.

My assumption is based off historical data. Of course it's just an assumption, as you know, but Carnival has been pretty consistent with taking the Carnival Destiny's form factor into consideration when designing future ships. Costa does, as well.

If anything, I see that as more of a possibility than CJ's enlarged HAL Vista/CCL Spirit class because Carnival wants to stuff as many staterooms as possible on the ship. As an example, the Magic and Breeze had a couple more than the Dream, which has the added Vista deck. Let's also to forget the Sunshine transformation. The Spirit class ships are Panamax vessels and aren't as wide as other ships.

My assumption is based off historical data. Of course it's just an assumption, as you know, but Carnival has been pretty consistent with taking the Carnival Destiny's form factor into consideration when designing future ships. Costa does, as well.

If anything, I see that as more of a possibility than CJ's enlarged HAL Vista/CCL Spirit class because Carnival wants to stuff as many staterooms as possible on the ship. As an example, the Magic and Breeze had a couple more than the Dream, which has the added Vista deck. Let's also to forget the Sunshine transformation. The Spirit class ships are Panamax vessels and aren't as wide as other ships.

Historical data would also include that they started 4 classes ago (actually more, but I don't want to overstate my point) with significant change between them. I am also unsure what the Sunshine has to do with the Vista. If your point was they added more cabins, OK. That ash little to nothing to do with the concept, design and build of a new class. Will Carnival have a larger passenger ratio than others? Yes Let's see what happens before we start ripping them.

My assumption is based off historical data........

Why wouldn't that be a plausible outcome? You should use your "historical data" to realize that Carnival and other cruise lines have used various ship platforms across multiple brands and have lengthened and widened the same platform to cater to the needs of various brands. Case in point, RCI's Quantum Class is based off of the Solstice class platform even though one is larger in length and GRT than the other.

Historical data would also include that they started 4 classes ago (actually more, but I don't want to overstate my point) with significant change between them. I am also unsure what the Sunshine has to do with the Vista. If your point was they added more cabins, OK. That ash little to nothing to do with the concept, design and build of a new class. Will Carnival have a larger passenger ratio than others? Yes Let's see what happens before we start ripping them.

Jimbo, I was talking about the ship exterior when I mentioned their "form factor" and not the interior spaces of the vessel. Most Carnival ships that were designed after the Carnival Destiny followed the same basic design.

4e0543dd63471865bca91a3ed4ddd0d6.png

Certain members here don't seem to have the ability to do that when it comes to their "favorite cruise line". ;)

Certain cheerleaders ring a bell, Cameron. ^__^

Edited by Disconnections

Jimbo, I was talking about the ship exterior when I mentioned their "form factor" and not the interior spaces of the vessel. Most Carnival ships that were designed after the Carnival Destiny followed the same basic design.

4e0543dd63471865bca91a3ed4ddd0d6.png

Certain cheerleaders ring a bell, Cameron. ^__^

I would agree that the Destiny/Triumph/Conquest class look alike (from an exterior point of view but I really think of them as one class of ship anyway. The stadium type of deck space on this class of ship really was broken from the mold beginning with the Splendor (which we know was originally going to Costa and a sister ship of the ill fated Concordia) and the Dream class to me is a significant change to that with the 5th floor design and at least the broken up areas on lido and above. Before that there was significant break (with two different builders I might add) between the Fantasy class and Spirit class.

Most cruise lines (at least from my viewpoint) seem to follow their trends (Royal to a lessor extent with the Oasis class and now the Quantum class, but before that very similar) with successive lines of ships.

Anyone see this pic on twitter? Looks like a new type of ship to me… unless I’m nuts, please let me know! :roll eyes:

As far as I know the only ship to have the Green Thunder or whatever it is called are in Spirit and Legend. It may be one of those but IDK let’s just stir the pot.

Anyone wanna take a guess on pools and slides an stuff?

BxlV3T0IMAASzUt.jpg-large.jpg.ea1c4970e7bd41dbcee35b5657b7ed3d.jpg

Edited by Justyman87

Anyone see this pic on twitter? Looks like a new type of ship to me… unless I’m nuts, please let me know! :roll eyes:

As far as I know the only ship to have the Green Thunder or whatever it is called are in Spirit and Legend. It may be one of those but IDK let’s just stir the pot.

Anyone wanna take a guess on pools and slides an stuff?

It is the spirit or legend.

With all hopes that Carnival reads this - what would you like to see on the Vista? Here's the list from my family: waterpark(a must!), outdoor movie screen, spider web climb/slide and bungee trampoline(like NCL Epic, etc.), full basketball courts(dodgeball tournaments-like Breeze), lots of trivia(like Breeze/Sunshine), craft times with kids, adult crafts, buffet stations instead of one massive long buffet line(see NCL Jewel), and an 80's music production show(like Breeze/Sunshine).

I am just wondering when we will start seeing itineraries :p

Hoping they will be including stops in Turkey, Croatia and Greece :D

The earliest would be when they release the first dribbles of info which are supposed to be happening around the holiday's.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app