Do I have to purchase Euros?

celebrity

I've made a organised tour in the morning (St.Pierre and Rum distellery) and went on my own on a little walk around the town after lunch.

My son and wife have said there don't appear to be any excursions sponsored by their Royal Caribbean ship this coming November 2015. I was wondering what ship you were on because it seems you did take a tour, one that they were interested in. Thanks!

I was there with the "Jewel of the Seas", so Royal Caribbean it was.

The tour was called "St.Pierre and Rum".

There might be several reason, why your son can not find any excursions.

Firstly it might be a mistake by RCI's homepage or your son didn't look at the right place (did he find excursions for the other ports?) , it might also be that RCI is changing tour operators or contracts on Martinique and therefore it's not yet available for booking, the last reason might be (but I don't think so) that all the tours are already sold out!

Edited by onyx007

• 5 months later...
Sailing on Quantum and really looking forward to visiting this island for the first time.

Not thrilled with purchasing Euros. Is it really necessary?

Yes, table mates of ours found this out the hard way... They consider themselves part of mainland France, not the Caribbean. If you will be spending any money on that island you can not use anything but euros.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Is it hard to get Euros in the U.S? I see people struggling to get them, walk down any street in London and there's 5-10 places you can get any currency you want.

Nope, not hard at all, just requires a lil more leg work in smaller cities. That said currency exchange options are not as prevalent as they are elsewhere in the world.

• 2 months later...