Hair Dryer?

saphir

Hair dryers are provided so no need to lug one around with you and Irons are not allowed on the ship!

I probably should have been a bit more specific I think Sidari,,,"flat Iron"---> Hair straightener. No clothe irons or clothe steamers allowed!!!

I probably should have been a bit more specific I think Sidari,,,"flat Iron"---> Hair straightener. No clothe irons or clothe steamers allowed!!!

It's more a male thing than a language one :) Most women on this site would know what a flat iron is ;)

I'm bringing a garment steamer and flat iron(hair straightener) so I guess we will find out if they ok it. We called and they told us it was fine. So we will see.

Let us know how it goes with the garment steamer KC13. We were told they weren't allowed so it will be interesting to see if they let yours through.

Mike ... My post was re a Clothes Iron ... :D my other half refers to Hair straighteners not a flat iron.

nevergrumpy ... as you say a language thing ... :)

I gotcha Sidari!!! My girlfriend has more hair care things than I can keep up with!! All I need is some gel and a brush,,:)

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of an official MSC forbidden items list?

Some other cruise lines seem to have them clearly visible on their website, but for MSC all I could find was the "no alcohol" and "no weapons" in the general terms.

I'd like to bring my hair straightener along but won't bother if they're going to confiscate it.

Does anyone know of an official MSC forbidden items list?

Some other cruise lines seem to have them clearly visible on their website, but for MSC all I could find was the "no alcohol" and "no weapons" in the general terms.

I'd like to bring my hair straightener along but won't bother if they're going to confiscate it.

Don't know about a forbidden list but have taken hair straighteners on every MSC cruise I've been on without any issue. I leave them in plain sight in the cabin but always unplug them as soon as I've finished with them.

Don't know about a forbidden list but have taken hair straighteners on every MSC cruise I've been on without any issue. I leave them in plain sight in the cabin but always unplug them as soon as I've finished with them.

Thanks. I've taken a pocket knife before (by accident - I just always keep it in my purse), though that very clearly isn't allowed. I'm going to try my luck with the hair straightener. Still, it'd be nice if they gave a head's up beforehand.