Valet service from FLL

ISABELLA

[quote name='ISABELLA']We will be traveling on Liberty in December and wonder if the valet service is offered on Liberty. We always get in when we sail on Celebrity.[/quote]
Here is the list:

[FONT="][URL]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service[/URL][/FONT]

The last two years I called to verify I would have valet service and both times I sat in the Ft Lauderdale airport with 5 pieces of luggage from 9Am until 1PM check in which was two hours prior to my flight. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I was a balcony guest the first year and Jr suite guest the 2nd year.

[quote name='travelbuddies']The last two years I called to verify I would have valet service and both times I sat in the Ft Lauderdale airport with 5 pieces of luggage from 9Am until 1PM check in which was two hours prior to my flight. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I was a balcony guest the first year and Jr suite guest the 2nd year.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what transpired in your experience or if you are referring to the RCI luggage valet program but to be clear, this service is a $20 pp charge for all passengers on ships and ports that offer it and a n/c service for those passengers in Grand Suites and higher and Pinnacle Club C & A members. Standard airline luggage fees still apply.

You have to sign up for it through Guest Services on board, typically by noon of day 5 (on 7 night itineraries). You then leave your luggage outside of your door on the final night as with the standard protocol and it will then be processed and handled to your final destination airport for you. Edited by leaveitallbehind

[quote name='leaveitallbehind']Not sure what transpired in your experience or if you are referring to the RCI luggage valet program but to be clear, this service is a $20 pp charge for all passengers on ships and ports that offer it and a n/c service for those passengers in Grand Suites and higher and Pinnacle Club C & A members. Standard airline luggage fees still apply.

You have to sign up for it through Guest Services on board, typically by noon of day 5 (on 7 night itineraries). You then leave your luggage outside of your door on the final night as with the standard protocol and it will then be processed and handled to your final destination airport for you.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, both cruises were 7 days and when I went to guest services they said we apologize but $20pp valet service will not be availble for this sailing. Would have been great to know this pre cruise as we might not have made plans for the day in Ft Lauderdale. 1st year we were on Independence OTS & last year Legend OTS both sailing round trip from Port Everglades. Yes I was depending on the luggage valet service but advised on day 2 at the guest services desk it was not going to be available. They were very apologetic.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]used the Valet Luggage Service on Liberty last March.....Suite Concierge took care of all the details....all we needed to do was apply luggage tags to bags and place outside of Suite night before disembarkment ~ retrieved bags at baggage carousel of destination airport.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

We used the service on our cruise on the Allure this past January (January 2014). We signed up through the TV on the 2nd or 3rd day and on the last day had our boarding passes in hand and luggage tags for the service. Our bags were waiting for us on the carousel at home (where we had 2 stops on the way to our local airport). I was impressed. It was well worth it.