All the Negative Reviews Had Unintended Benefit

IJustWantToGo36

With Miami's international airport, most of the cruises out of the Port of Miami have a large groups of international cruisers!:)

Also the fine folks from Europe get much longer vacations. We saw plenty pf people with Disney stuff boarding, so factor in people are hitting the attractions then heading down to South FL to cruise, or starting with the cruise. Makes sense!

Also the fine folks from Europe get much longer vacations. We saw plenty pf people with Disney stuff boarding, so factor in people are hitting the attractions then heading down to South FL to cruise, or starting with the cruise. Makes sense!

We certainly do,:) We had 2 weeks on Divina 4th and 11th Oct, then headed up to Orlando for a spot of retail, before flying home on the Monday.

Ideally the another week in Orlando would have been better, but work gets in the way ha ha ha, suppose it pays for the next holiday!!

Anne

That being the case, I wonder if bringing my AF blues on my cruise in Feb for the formal nights would be appropriate. It's easy formal attire for me since I already own it and it fits:D.

I am taking a friend's reccomendation. My Wife and I are in our late 20's, and my friend is in her 60's. We associate with a more mauteur group and like the idea of the European style service. I dislike having drinks shoved in my face, or someone trying to sell me something every five minutes.

I love some of the pointers on this thread, also the (correct) findings on most of the negative reviews. Mainly how 90% of the negative reviews start with (insert top-tier club member name of another line here) and how different it was... That is like a skiier reviewing a snowbard resort.

Edited by Thompsolonian

That being the case, I wonder if bringing my AF blues on my cruise in Feb for the formal nights would be appropriate. It's easy formal attire for me since I already own it and it fits:D.

I am taking a friend's reccomendation. My Wife and I are in our late 20's, and my friend is in her 60's. We associate with a more mauteur group and like the idea of the European style service. I dislike having drinks shoved in my face, or someone trying to sell me something every five minutes.

I love some of the pointers on this thread, also the (correct) findings on most of the negative reviews. Mainly how 90% of the negative reviews start with (insert top-tier club member name of another line here) and how different it was... That is like a skiier reviewing a snowbard resort.

Speaking as a European, I would be delighted to see anyone in military dress on formal night. So if say, pack your AF blues!

Not only is the world bigger than the USA but it is also different!

I consider myself fortunate in that I was born in the USA, raised in Ireland, vacationed on the continent, 34 years in the Air Force and have been stationed in many different countries.

Yes there are many different languages spoken on MSC. Do understand most non American people are multi lingual. American English is not a universal language. My children spent their summers with me overseas. Although not fluent they can converse in French, Italian, German, Japanese, Greek and Thai.

The food is not American Italian. It's Italian Italian. And even at that all Italian food can be different depending on what part of Italy you are in. The pizza in Italy is not the pizza from New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles, etc.

And yes Europeans eat later and take longer to enjoy dinner. For them dining is a social event and they dress appropriately.

This being said, cruising the MSC Divina is an economical way to experience the world outside the USA. And it wouldn't hurt to learn some basic foreign phrases.

To "Thompsolonian" by all means do bring your Class A's (don't forget your “salad”). Since I am single, I always bring my Mess Dress military tuxedo for formal night. You know what they say about a man in uniform.

Buona giornata!

Arrivederci,

Il Colonnello

DOOOO IT....I am prior service Army, and I was hoping to see some other country dress uniforms on formal nights, but did not:(

DOOOO IT....I am prior service Army, and I was hoping to see some other country dress uniforms on formal nights, but did not:(

I have my "rainbow ribbon" from my Army days as well. I took my blues on our last cruise and the Captain seemed happy to see me there, he gathered a couple other members (Navy and Army) that were there for a couple photos with them. I never did purchase them but wish I had.

I am expecting a whole new experience on the Divina, I want to try different lines and meet new people. I like foriegn food and experiencing different cultures, so I think this would be a great experience other than my military duties.

I have my "rainbow ribbon" from my Army days as well. I took my blues on our last cruise and the Captain seemed happy to see me there, he gathered a couple other members (Navy and Army) that were there for a couple photos with them. I never did purchase them but wish I had.

I am expecting a whole new experience on the Divina, I want to try different lines and meet new people. I like foriegn food and experiencing different cultures, so I think this would be a great experience other than my military duties.

Well I feel the same as you about trying new lines, you can see in my cruise history I've tried a few. You will enjoy the Divina, she is a beauty and the food was wonderful!!!!!

I agree for the most part Europeans are multilingual, not all mostly Northern Europeans. I had very nice conversations in English with people from Belgium, Germany on Divina.

I am bilingual too, but in my country we had very limited exposure to foreign languages. In Europe it is almost a necessity.