RSVP Cruise to Alaska August 1-8 2015

NYC95

Hey everybody, I just booked this cruise today. I'll be traveling with my buddy, Dave. I did the exact same itinerary on the exact same ship in August 2009. That was my first cruise. Now I'm a bit of a pro. I did take the leap from an interior to an obstructed oceanview cabin.

I'll likely spend all of my time at the pool, as this will be my third Alaska cruise. However, if we manage to embark in Sitka, I will definitely be off the ship. I guess I'm going to have to invest in outfits for all the theme parties. ;)

And just like that, I'm gone. With a 10-night cruise+vacation in New England and Canada in June and a 12-night cruise+vacation in Europe in October, an Alaska cruise in August was just one too many. But, my travel buddy already has a new roommate, so no worries.

It looks like this itinerary is already mostly sold out, so RSVP seems to be in better health these days. I hope you guys have a lot of fun. Not as much fun without me, but... :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

My partner and I are booked on board. It is our first RSVP cruise and Alaska as well. Very much looking forward to the adventure and meeting lots of new friends. Also looking to having dinner with some new friends so if you're looking for table mates please let us know. We're booked airfare, Hotel 5 (arrive on Friday morning) now looking at excursions. Any hints for our first gay cruise?

Mark and Matt

Hi Guys,

My partner and I are booked on board. It is our first RSVP cruise and Alaska as well. Very much looking forward to the adventure and meeting lots of new friends. Also looking to having dinner with some new friends so if you're looking for table mates please let us know. We're booked airfare, Hotel 5 (arrive on Friday morning) now looking at excursions. Any hints for our first gay cruise?

Mark and Matt

Hi Msyacker...... Welcome aboard....

This is my first trip to Alaska but 6th gay cruise.

Tips.... The parties are always fun and worth putting something together for. Some people go all out and some people just do a minimum. It is fun to get dressed up and join the party.

Finishing up on excursions tonight, but have helecopter/dogsledding booked (not the time I wanted but...)

Any hints for our first gay cruise?

Mark and Matt

This will be my 4th gay cruise. 2 on Atlantis and 2 on RSP. 2 in warm climates and now 2 in colder climates. The one thing I always regret is that I don't plan ahead well enough for the parties. Sure you can go as you are, but when you are there, and see the outfits, you always think "gee I wish I did that". It's loads of fun. Having been on a cruise into a colder climate, plan for it. Half naked outfits get cold at night (like leather jock+harness and nothing else), even on a cruise with the roof closed over the pool.

As for excursions, everyone says doing one of the Helicopter glacier tours is a "must do". I personally booked the one without the dog sled ride. It's darned expensive though. Same with the float plane ride up Misty Fjord. So far those are the only two I booked. You will notice that most of those tours are already waitlisted.

This is one of the most booked cruises I have been on. I suspect a lot of excursions will be sold out if you wait for doing it the night before. Hence I would pre-book anything that was really important to you.