Fall/pumpkin beers

kapeaccruiser

Does anybody know if they have the seasonal beers on for the fall New England Cruise?

Doubtful, their margins are a lot higher on the big beers and they sell plenty of them. Carnival has started doing some Cigar City beers in Florida but I don't see seasonals hitting the ships any time soon.

Doubtful, their margins are a lot higher on the big beers and they sell plenty of them. Carnival has started doing some Cigar City beers in Florida but I don't see seasonals hitting the ships any time soon.

I doubt that. All the big breweries have seasonals and would be glad to see them to Carnival at the same prices as everything else. They have Sam Adam, Blue Moon, and Angry Orchard among others. They all have seasonals, both in can and bottle and at least on retail the pricing is the same.

I would attribute it to either logistics, laziness or simply not caring.

Check your itinerary and then locate the better craft breweries in the ports you're visiting. Both Allagash and Shipyard make good pumpkin ales this time of year and should be fairly widely distributed along the NE coast. Unfortunately, not on a ship.:(

Does anybody know if they have the seasonal beers on for the fall New England Cruise?

If you're coming to Portland, be sure to take a taxi to The Great Lost Bear, which has (as of 3 days ago) 75 craft beers on tap. Several seasonals on offer. Sebago Brewery has a bar near the cruise terminal, and if you're going to Kennebunkport, check out Federal Jack's features Shipyard beers. Allagash is a fine brewery in Portland, and has tours, their beers are featured at most bars in town.

I check a couple of itineraries, so I'm adding: if you go to Halifax, check on "Garrison Brewery" selections or maybe stop by the hart & Thistle to see what they have on tap. For St Johns look for "Yellow Belly" beers at Nautical Nellie's. At one time Carnival had a Moosehead Pub Crawl excursion. Moosehead is the largest independent brewer in Canada, sorta like Yuengling is in the US. In that region of Canada you might also find Pump House (not to be confused with the Colorado craft brewery or the English pale ale). You can probably find Alexander Keith's selections around (they're owned by Labatt now but used to have seasonal brews).