Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

Following along, and enjoying your posts as usual. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and pictures with us all!

Thanks to you and those who are following along I'll keep 'em coming.

MDR dinner menu tonight was Jasmine. I ate in Giovannis. It was nice. That's as good as I can get with this..... if I'm honest I prefer the rack of lamb in the MDR to what I was served tonight..... pics will follow in due course.

Our van. This was super high so I could stand inside it and really nippy for those narrow streets.

DSCN1734.jpg

DSCN1735.jpg

DSCN1740.jpg

DSCN1736.jpg

DSCN1737.jpg

There is an optical illusion here....

DSCN1738.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

It's nearly midnight. My confiscated bottle of wine has just been delivered.... I had to call down to Guest Services as my room steward hadn't left it.....

The Cultural Heritage police....

DSCN1741.jpg

There's a Gladiator gone walkabout....

DSCN1742.jpg

PompeySailor you asked about the Trevi..... I think I would rather have missed seeing this altogether in this condition..... long queue for people to get up close..... all the romance was gone.

DSCN1745.jpg

People were still throwing coins into...... this.....

DSCN1744.jpg

Best place to find a loo....

DSCN1746.jpg

I've never seen such a fancy McD's

DSCN1747.jpg

Hello my friend...... here are a couple of examples..... they're all over the ship!!

DSCN1656.jpg

QUOTE]

For some really cool pictures of what's inside, position your camera over the viewing glass opening. Love the ones we've taken on both the Oasis and Allure.

We really enjoy the Oasis class, and it's so enjoyable to travel along with you! Thanks for taking the time to post such wonderful pictures of the ports.

Edited by denamo

$3 to appease my sweet tooth which I have just done. Key Lime flavour mnomnmomn

More info:

2150 crew staying on board. 1500 contractors coming on to work 24/7

How do I get on the helipad? We saw a video this morning with people there.

I fell asleep during the consecutive cruiser talk. Motion of the ocean today. Be at Studio B 945 with seapass card. Lunch will be served. i needed a meeting for that.

Thanks for the great review, before your nap, did you catch any of the consecutive cruiser process? We are doing the one day from Rotterdam followed by the 12 day TA and want to plan our Southampton port day.

My understanding was that the helipad was open to guests by invitation only. I've read that they sometimes invite certain levels of C&A folks there for sailaway. Never happened for us on Allure, but maybe Oasis is different. I'd mention to LA if you get a chance.

True C& A levels are invited to the helipad for a champagne sail away on OASIS usually Labadee and Nassau. I have been a few times. Funny but Allure did not do this event on my two sailings on her either.

Yes helipad accessibility is by invite only :(

True C& A levels are invited to the helipad for a champagne sail away on OASIS usually Labadee and Nassau. I have been a few times. Funny but Allure did not do this event on my two sailings on her either.

Yes helipad accessibility is by invite only :(

I was invited to a Helipad Sail away on Allure. . .but not Oasis. . . (In Labadee)

Radio

;);)

I was invited to a Helipad Sail away on Allure. . .but not Oasis. . . (In Labadee)

Radio

;);)

Interesting every sailing of OASIS (8) yes 2 on Allure No would be nice if we get an invite on the transatlantic.

Good morning..... I still have over 30 hours left on my 5 day package.... go figure... but then we knew RCL couldn't do its maths right?

I needn't have bothered to set the alarm this morning.... plenty of corridor noise.

Kcjarvis : those going in to town have to be off before 10..... they need a zero count on board.... they have to be back on board by a set time in order to complete the manifest and attend Muster. They will be given their new boarding cards as they leave.

emmy : yes the video was from the helipad sailaway at Nassau.

DSCN1749.jpg

DSCN1756.jpg

DSCN1751.jpg

The Spanish steps..... they are there....

DSCN1752.jpg

DSCN1754.jpg

DSCN1755.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Currently sat in Studio B waiting for the turnaround process to start. I hadn't realised the MDR would close at 8 and had taken myself on a tour to grab some stateroom pics..... They've now turned the lights off in here so people with reading books are struggling.... Had breakfast in WJ which was fairly civilised as at 830 many passengers have already disembarked.

Am on laptop and uploading the pics from this morning.... I don't usually break into the Blog like this so please forgive me but I wanted to get these pics in asap. Please also bear in mind that the room doors are open because they are being cleaned...... there was one room I was asked to get a pic of but the door was firmly shut and you have a picture of that!

I have to go to Guest Services at some stage this morning..... my paper account arrived this morning..... I'd paid cash last night.... and it states something along the lines that I had elected for RCL to process the conversion.... er..... no I hadn't and actually took a pic of the form at checkin with option A scrubbed out..... not sure if I will pay cash this week or not but want to be sure that if I charge my CC provider will deal with it.... not using a $$ card as in previous cruises....

ETA...... so far they have called people up by row..... I was sat at the back with the laptop on a ledge so amongst the first to be called out. They are taking our seapass cards one by one and then sitting us in a different area. So now we wait for our new cards.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Oh dear Lord..... they just played the 'Wash your hands' video..... followed by Drew.....only the audio isn't Drew.... it's the Muster drill audio.... they're testing the systems..... Spanish immigration are holding us up......

DSCN2162.jpg

DSCN2163.jpg

DSCN2164.jpg

Locked out......

DSCN2166.jpg

People are standing up and heading out now..... will finish the last upload of the pics this morning..... oh..... no...... they already have their cards..... looks like those who said they were going to go ashore this morning collected their cards last night.... did not think of doing that.... hindsight is a wonderful thing.... they are now calling out by deck.....

ETA..... I have my setsail pass..... no RR sticker....no WOW card.... lovely GS chap whose path I have previously crossed is sorting it for me so hanging out outside the Comedy Club on a bright yellow bench. They are calling for people to disembark..... about half a dozen..... I need a coffee..... been here an hour officially......

ETA..... Have the sticker and WOW card.... waiting for last of pics to upload then heading to GS for THAT conversation about my CC.... 3 to go then all done..... not too bad..... still have many of Rome, all of Naples and the 2nd sea day to upload!! :eek:

Edited by NorbertsNiece

It's nearly midnight. My confiscated bottle of wine has just been delivered.... I had to call down to Guest Services as my room steward hadn't left it.....

The Cultural Heritage police....

DSCN1741.jpg

There's a Gladiator gone walkabout....

DSCN1742.jpg

PompeySailor you asked about the Trevi..... I think I would rather have missed seeing this altogether in this condition..... long queue for people to get up close..... all the romance was gone.

DSCN1745.jpg

People were still throwing coins into...... this.....

DSCN1744.jpg

Best place to find a loo....

DSCN1746.jpg

I've never seen such a fancy McD's

DSCN1747.jpg

Sorry to see all the construction work at Trevi!

...I have to go to Guest Services at some stage this morning..... my paper account arrived this morning..... I'd paid cash last night.... and it states something along the lines that I had elected for RCL to process the conversion.... er..... no I hadn't and actually took a pic of the form at checkin with option A scrubbed out..... not sure if I will pay cash this week or not but want to be sure that if I charge my CC provider will deal with it.... not using a $$ card as in previous cruises.......

I can't believe they are still routinely missing (ignoring?) the conversion selection.

I can't believe they are still routinely missing (ignoring?) the conversion selection.

Shawn at GS, he gave us our new setsail passes earlier, has looked into and assures me it will be as requested for this cruise. I'm going to forget about it until Monday now.....

Back from consecutive cruiser lunch. Will post pics up until then, then resume Rome.

DSCN2167.jpg

DSCN2168.jpg

DSCN2169.jpg

DSCN2174.jpg

DSCN2175.jpg

DSCN2176.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Sat on my balcony. There's land to portside (Sardinia) so am guessing starboard too (Corsica).....

41 22.17 N

009 24.83 E

Course 257

Speed 18.1ts

Apparent wind 41kts

Received invite this morning to consecutive cruisers meet this afternoon at 515pm.

Sounds so nice.:p

Yes Good idea to take the photo Linda. I have had this issue in the past since I am Canadian but in recent cruises out of USA it has been fine.

With embarking in Rotterdam in a few weeks I will do the same and take a photo. It is so irritating when RCI continues to do the conversion even though you clearly indicate otherwise.

Wonderful photos Thank you

I am in room 7168; forward, portside not far from elevator lobby.

WP_001171.jpg

This is a connecting room. Was unoccupied the first night then some guests had flooding from the bathroom in their room and the moved in...... quiet..... no issues at all.

The connecting door is near the room door

WP_001172.jpg

The ubiquitous power socket pic.

WP_001174.jpg

Hi - loving your blog - we are so excited to be on the Oasis in 3 weeks time.

My question is can I ask if your room number is correct?

Only asking as we have the cabin number you mentioned for our cruise and are not expecting it to be a connecting room?

Are you in 7168 or actually 7186 as the latter is a connecting room and I wondered (hoped) your'd mixed the last two digits up?! :rolleyes:

Also is that the only socket for the room? How do you fit more than 1-2 plugs in it with adaptors?

One of these days I'll actually be on a cruise your on and buy you a drink.

You were so helpful on here when I first started cruising and there have been several times you've either got on or got off a ship as we are doing the opposite!

:)