Paying upfront cave tubing .bz?

sarahbeth476

We have a group of 12 wanting to do cave tubing with .bz. My friend is trying to arrange the excursion and has been told by the bz people that we have to pay upfront. In reading others' reviews, I don't remember seeing this policy. I'm also concerned with the "what if" our ship doesn't port. We 'll be on Carnival Dream, Nov. 2.

Any advice appreciated.

I'm Sarah's friend. Heard this via email two days ago when I asked to make our reservation. I wrote back and said I thought we paid when we were there and the reply was that pre-payment is their new policy.

Here is the actual quote, "We have amended our payment policy, and are taking payments up front."

Email says it is from Gilberto Perez

C.E.O - Reservations Director

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by mmnorris

So glad you got this figured out. We have went with .bz several times and never had to pay up front. It even states that on their website. Actually you don't pay until AFTER the excursion is over. They settle up with you after the cave tubing, you have went back to his place and had lunch and THEN you pay there at the register where you eat before getting back into the van to be brought back to the port. :)

We just got off the Dream on Sunday and we did cavetubing.bz in Belize. We had a fantastic time. They do a walking tour through the jungle explaining what all the trees and plants are, they showed us leaf cutter ants (watch out they bite), a tarantula and termites. I thought the termites tasted like carrots, not mint. We paid at their office (don't remember if it was before or after). The other cavetubing groups just walked through the jungle with no explanation and it was the same in the caves as well. I was very, very happy with our tour.