A1 vs A2 on Constelation

BuckGood

Thinking of doing the 13 night TA on the Constelation in April and sailing in Aqua Class. Interested in A! level on the 11th but concerned about no shade on varanda. Has anyone sailed on these ships with the new A1 on the 11th deck and if so was there any problem with the lack of shade? Also would you choose A2 on the 9th deck and was there any noise from the pool area above on the 10th deck.

Thank You!

Thinking of doing the 13 night TA on the Constelation in April and sailing in Aqua Class. Interested in A! level on the 11th but concerned about no shade on varanda. Has anyone sailed on these ships with the new A1 on the 11th deck and if so was there any problem with the lack of shade? Also would you choose A2 on the 9th deck and was there any noise from the pool area above on the 10th deck.

It's a tradeoff whichever you choose as they all have advantages and disadvantages.

Deck 11 has the sun (little overhang above) and deck 9 has the shade (deep overhang above).

The balconies on the sides of the ship are private and have unobstructed views looking down to the water.

You can avoid pool area noise on deck 9 if you get one of the cabins further back behind the central elevators, under the carpeted area.

The 5 rear-facing aft cabins on the stern of deck 11 have deeper balconies with some shade.

The advantages to those are a view of the wake looking out and easy access to the bar below on deck 10.

The disadvantages to those are lack of privacy (some more private than others) and obstructed views looking down. They overlook the deck below and are inset quite a distance away from the back of the ship so you can't look straight down to the water.

Also the flagpole sticking up at the back of the ship can interfere with taking photos and some of those balconies have a canopy extending out below them.

The lack of breeze back there can be a plus or minus, depending on the weather.

It just comes down to personal preference.

Edited by fleckle

We were in 1116 on Connie in December and would book that room again happily. It is on the side, the overhang is minimal but we really liked the open feeling of the balcony. The rooms up there are VERY private, we never heard noise from anywhere(not sure if that's true of the aft rooms), no one running up and down the halls. 1116's balcony is slightly larger than the other rooms because it juts out just a bit more. We had 2 chairs, a footstool and table on the balcony. The rooms are brand new of course which made them very nice. I would book up there if it were me and the price difference wasn't huge!! Have a wonderful trip!:)

We had an AQ2 this past March and will have an AQ1 aft facing extended balcony this coming Feb.

The balconies on deck 9 are completely covered by the overhang from deck 10. They are cool and shady most of the day.

We are looking forward to trying the aft AQ1 cabins, love the quick trip to the bar, elevator right down to dining. I really did not even realize there were cabins above the bar area and we spent a lot of time there. I thought the stairs went to what I now know is deck 12. Will know more next Feb!

Edited by bobsfamily

Iamthesea - the OP was asking about the Connie which is an M class ship with cabins only up to deck 11.

We've done the deck 11 aft and loved it. We've also had more than a few deck 9's. For an April cruise and a repo at that, I think I would opt for a deck 9. I think it was Hank, the very knowledgeable cruise who recommended cabins aft of 9108 and he was absolutely correct. There was no noise from the carpeted Lido above and the cabin was far enough down the hall to quash any noise from the central hall and elevators, which are on the other side of the ship.

Now if it were a Panama Canal cruise I'd totally recommend the deck 11 afts!

Thank You!

If you have not already, you will want to take a look at this post & pics by MRJULIUS that talks extensively about the A1s (Sunset Balconies as well as both Port & Starboard).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443

They are from The Summit, but the results on all the M-Class Ships are the same post Solstization

This post was the main reason that we went ahead and booked our first Aqua Class Cabin on our upcoming cruise on The Connie...

We sail in December, and I will be doing a full Report here on the Celebrity Board after we return.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... There are other topics on the 11th Deck Aquas as well... You can use the CC Search to find them (or Google). And several folks have also reported on them for the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY which is at the top of this Forum.

NOTE - On the M-Class Ships Cabin Nos & Lcations remain constant. So Pros & Cons for cabin numbers should be fairly consistent when you look at the Spreadsheet & Deck Plans

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

It's what made us look at the cabins and snag 1138...

The only problems I see with those aft balconies 1) lack of privacy since for at least a couple of them you can see them from below and 2) you never get the full effect of night time at sea from your balcony since there HAS to be light from below that reflects up to you....we love to sit on our balcony late in the evenings with no lights on and look at the sky and sea....don't think we would get that affect on those aft rooms...

The only problems I see with those aft balconies 1) lack of privacy since for at least a couple of them you can see them from below and 2) you never get the full effect of night time at sea from your balcony since there HAS to be light from below that reflects up to you....we love to sit on our balcony late in the evenings with no lights on and look at the sky and sea....don't think we would get that affect on those aft rooms...

Loved 1138 last year on the Constellation and booked it again for this January coming up. There was some light at night coming from the bar below but didn't seem to be any more than you would catch from a neighboring balcony on the side of the ship. Wife and I had spectacular views of the lightning storm and on the clear nights a beautiful moon reflecting off the wake. Privacy was not really an issue because of the depth of the balcony. The cabins on the ends looked like they had much less privacy but the canopy over the bar kept most prying eyes away from us. The angled balcony was nice, letting us have a little more panoramic view

IamtheseaWe loved deck 12, but did not use the balcony too much because of a port intensive cruise.

Iamthesea - the OP was asking about the Connie which is an M class ship with cabins only up to deck 11.

Yes, that was a slip of the keyboard. ;) We were on the Constellation in 1132.:)

• 2 weeks later...