RICLOP, I need some info, fast!!!!

camofwilliamsburg

Pete, Yes I knew it feel in a range, but like Riclop stated, do not move until you find out the measurements. Did not want to go to one of the smaller ones.

Everyone was very helpful in helping me to make a decision.

IF it was overwhelmingly said that the mid ship square cabin was so much better cabin and location to outweigh the packing up and moving, I would have moved. It just means that on the b2b day it is not as relaxed.

Now I am still hoping for a nice upgrade after all of that to a different category which I have gotten often. So it may mean moving to another cabin anyways for one or both. If I get a chance at a balcony upgrade, I will take it, as long as it is not an adjoining cabin or a cabin way forward or way aft.

Good Cam im glad you made your decision and your staying in the same cabin on your B2B, enjoy!!!

The truest measurement for the cabin was RICLOP. I have always appreciated his opinion, and have appreciated all the help here.

Cruisetrail, I did read all of your post as you were writing it, but it was overwhelming me at the time last night.

The measurements are 169 sq ft for both the square cabin 11145 and the long one, 11048. Based on that, I asked MSC to hold it and wait for my TA to come in. Very graciously, they just made the switch for me and informed my TA.

Thanks once again.

-Cori

Thanks Cam glad I was able to help a little someday hopefully we will cruise on the same cruise. We been on the Divina 3 times and are going again in Nov and Feb. enjoy your cruises.

Riclop, CruiseTrail, Mike - your thoughts on this dilemma? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2103286

Much appreciated!

JK I agree with you I would take 11270, if you needed a sofa bed than 10242. If your leaning towards 11270 grab it quickly because that one will go .

Edited by riclop

JK I agree with you I would take 11270, if you needed a sofa bed than 10242. If your leaning towards 11270 grab it quickly because that one will go .

Thanks. Sadly, it's already gone. :( So I'll stay with our extra wide balcony and the sideways cabin 9146.

Cori,

I have a listing of all cabin dimensions (actually two different ones - one in square meters and one in square feet) with each individual cabin listed. It is broken down into cabin living space, bathroom and balcony if applicable plus some other details. Sorry I haven't been around to see your thread sooner. Anyway, just confirming what you were told:

Cabin 11048 = 169.1 sq ft (24.2 sq ft bathroom + 144.9 sq ft living space).

See you Oct 18th!

Bret

I currently have B2 cabin #11118 booked on the Divina. Does anyone know how this cabin/location compares to #10079 or #11067 in terms of unobstructed views, cabin/balcony size, noise, etc. Any insight/thoughts on pros/cons for these cabins would be appreciated. Thanks.

I currently have B2 cabin #11118 booked on the Divina. Does anyone know how this cabin/location compares to #10079 or #11067 in terms of unobstructed views, cabin/balcony size, noise, etc. Any insight/thoughts on pros/cons for these cabins would be appreciated. Thanks.

In terms of views both 10079 and 11067 will have better sideways views than 11118 as both are on the forward hump, and 11118 is in the recessed part of the hull.

All three cabins are standard size 192 sq feet ( 168 living space + 24 bathroom)with 42 sq ft balcony.

11067 is closer to a lift lobby entrance than 10079 so may be subject to more noise than the others, but it is convenient for access to a lift

Nothing else above, below or either side on any of the 3 cabins is of any consequence

11118 may be affected by the deck 14 overhang when the sun is high in the sky and be in shade ( which you may think is good or bad)

11118 will have less movement in a swell than the other two as it is midships and the others are forward

my choice order would be

1) 10079

2) 11067

3) 11118

based on:- A) I am untroubled by movement, B) views available, C) possible noise, D) the effect of deck 14's overhang and E) I don't have a problem walking the long distances to the MDR.

Pete

Edited by Skier52