HELP - Deposit disappeared

yitao

We made our cruise booking when we were on board ( in order to get the $100 OBC). We could not make it last year and so changed it to this year. I transferred my booking to an agency I used before, and they sent me email this week for the final payment request, and told me that the deposit that I paid on board was refunded to me already, and there is no $ in my reservation now, I have to pay the full amount. As I only have one US dollar credit and it is the one that we used for All our US trip. First, I never receive a notice from RCL re the refund , 2nd, I have checked back 2 years for my billing statement, and there is no refund at all. My agency told me that they can not find when the refund was done. Would you please give me some suggestion re what I should do? Thanks a lot !!!

I'd call Crown & Anchor and see if they can help. Even though the booking is held by a travel agent now, they might agree to help trace what happened to the booking before it was transferred to the agent.

Thank you so much for your suggestion, called Crown & Anchor and they are so helpful, the deposit is still there, somehow the agency does not have access to it. I changed my cruise through the phone directly with RC and moved my booking to cruise line directly.

Thanks !! :):)

Thank you so much for your suggestion, called Crown & Anchor and they are so helpful, the deposit is still there, somehow the agency does not have access to it. I changed my cruise through the phone directly with RC and moved my booking to cruise line directly.

Great! I've always found the C&A people to go the extra mile to work out problems.

Interesting to know that RCI I let you switch the booking to them over the phone without having to get TA to agree to it and sign a form. If this is the case it should make this easier for some who are having a difficult time with their TA.

Glad it worked out for you.

Sure sounds that way, because I've never heard of someone being able to transfer a booking back to Royal so easily.

Happened to us a few years back. Of course at first I got the "I can't talk to you speech" then they listened, and said they would get back to me. They called a few hours later and said they took the booking from the Ta. They said in some cases the Ta can be barred from doing business with rci.

Edited by setsail