Handicap Room on the Magic

joy21

Has anyone ever been in one of the rooms on the Magic for the completely handicapped? If so, do they have high rise toilets and is the shower large enough to wheel a person in? Are there seats in the shower? My parents want to go with the family on a cruise for my niece's wedding, but my dad is in a wheel chair. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms: 8342 8345 9204

Carnival MagicSM Accessibility. 35 accessible staterooms; Fully accessible staterooms have wider doors, roll-in showers, grab bars and turning spaces.

http://www.*************.com/ship_accessible_cabins.cfm?shipid=547

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/EMB_guest_specials_requirements.aspx

when booking you want an accessible cabin NOT a modified one. Call their special care number and speak to an agent there

Thank you so much! I will show this to my parents and hopefully they will join us. If they make this, it will probably be their last cruise as their health is not good. It will definitely give them something to look forward to. Again, thank you for your help.

Has anyone ever been in one of the rooms on the Magic for the completely handicapped? If so, do they have high rise toilets and is the shower large enough to wheel a person in?

I have never been on the Magic but I've stayed in a few fully accessible cabins on other Carnival ships. They ALL had a nice sized bathroom with a shower seat and enough room to wheel a person around in. NONE of them featured a high rise toilet or had some sort of riser available. Unfortunately not being able to get up off of the toilet has ended cruising for me.

• 1 month later...

Are you still looking for information???

here are some photos of cabin 10203...

10593013_723391157696654_3126092677423678937_n.jpg?oh=84a698f62ea42a5d1d98dec5e893e6fd&oe=5494B71E

10408998_723391284363308_1981830895044409872_n.jpg?oh=d551edf4dd05abb138350a75920666c7&oe=5494BB41&__gda__=1418296619_632d26b29eedf7170f709e8c6b85e5fd

No riser on the toilet, and it was a bit harder for Nana to get up... But, write to the Special Needs Department -- or call them -- and ask for a riser or for height measurements. On the ECSTASY, they even sent me photos of the exact cabin I chose, before the cruise and measured the height of everything!!

It's the only ship we found with a fully accessible balcony cabin!!!

I would say yes to your questions. There is plenty of room. I went with a young man who requires a lot of equipment to go with him. Virtually a small hospital. An oxygen concentrator, ventilator, nebulizer, cough assist machine. Helps him cough, a fan. water, and his scooter. There were 3 of us in cabin 10201 or 10203. There was ample room for everything. It was a wonderful cabin! Please have your grandparents go. I know they would enjoy it.

Has anyone ever been in one of the rooms on the Magic for the completely handicapped? If so, do they have high rise toilets and is the shower large enough to wheel a person in? Are there seats in the shower? My parents want to go with the family on a cruise for my niece's wedding, but my dad is in a wheel chair. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

We booked 11208 on the Magic. This room was considerably different than the one in the youtube video and not in a good way. This room had a door on the long side of the room that opened directly toward the bed. There was no entry area. The room had only 2 half width closets providing about 1/2 of the closet space as a standard room.

Be careful booking rooms that the door is on the long side rather than the narrow side.

The last H.C. cabin we had was realy bad. It as L shaped. When you came in there was the long part of the L. No room to turn around, so you had to back out each time. I couldn't get my chair into the bath room, as there was go room to get passed the bed to get to the short part of the L where the bathroom was. I will never take a room like that again, we had to stay there for 7 days. Pleaseeeeee don't let them get a room like that.

We've had an L-shaped cabin and LOVED it!!!

True about not turning around when you're headed in or out, but once you get the the hallway or the the cabin space -- 360s or 180s are easy-peasy!

Getting into the bath wasn't a problem. There were only two of us, maybe that was the difference!