Another Early Saver Question.....Sorry...

GTO-Girl

The question was, get the price drop and keep the reservation as is.

A GTY cabin would mean forfeiting the reserved cabin.

I have read on the boards that people have given up their previously assigned cabin for a guarantee in order to get the price drop. It's not worth it for 20 bucks pp, IMHO, but if it's at least 50 pp, then it's something to consider.

In regards to switching from a ES to GTY, yes, it is possible. Keeping the same cabin when doing this is "not". I tried this recently when calling Carnival and they said no. I kept my "known" cabin. And for $20/person, I wouldn't do it unless they cabin is a 1A or a 4A.

In regards to switching from a ES to GTY, yes, it is possible. Keeping the same cabin when doing this is "not". I tried this recently when calling Carnival and they said no. I kept my "known" cabin. And for $20/person, I wouldn't do it unless they cabin is a 1A or a 4A.

We did it, and other people on our sailing did it. We booked an obstructed balcony ES, went to guarantee and were assigned an extended balcony deck 5 forward. The price dropped, we went back into the pool and were assigned a deck 8 toward aft. The price dropped and we were assigned a deck 8 midship extended balcony. The price dropped yet again but we stayed in the midship cabin instead of taking more OBC.

My rule of thumb is to call and ask.