Formal nights in the Caribbean

soobs

On our last Caribbean cruise we only had 3 formal nights instead of the advertised 4 they were all on sea days and the 4th sea day was the last night that's why I think it was missed - cases outside door at midnight.

Have other people come across this? Has anyone known formal nights happen on port days? I felt a bit cheated had a dress I didn't wear most of this years cruises look like the last night is sea day so is it likely to happen again?

Edited by soobs

On our last Caribbean cruise we only had 3 formal nights instead of the advertised 4 they were all on sea days and the 4th sea day was the last night that's why I think it was missed - cases outside door at midnight.

Have other people come across this? Has anyone known formal nights happen on port days? I felt a bit cheated had a dress I didn't wear most of this years cruises look like the last night is sea day so is it likely to happen again?

Never known a formal night to be planned to be on the last night of a cruise.

We have had a formal night on a port day before but it was when the ship departed early afternoon, though I think this was a rare occurrence. Never had one when the ship has departed late afternoon/evening.

We had formal nights on port days on Adonia last month. I have also had a formal night on a last night but only on a 2 or 3 night cruise when most likely you will taking your luggage off yourself, never on a longer cruise.

thanks Kersh looking at the itinerary's one must be a port day then cannot see them doing back to back formal with one being the last night

05 Dec Barbados

06 Dec Barbados

07 Dec At Sea

08 Dec Grenada

09 Dec St. Lucia

10 Dec Dominica

11 Dec St. Kitts

12 Dec St. Maarten

13 Dec Tortola

14 Dec At Sea

15 Dec Curacao

16 Dec Bonaire

17 Dec At Sea

18 Dec At Sea

19 Dec Barbados

They never have a formal night on the last night, because formal clothes tend to have already been packed. That's not a new thing either - on the Titanic, most of the passengers were in what passed as casual in those days, because the dinner jackets were already packed in trunks.

As for wearing the dress, you could have worn it at an informal or casual night - you don't get turned away for being a little smarter than the rest - or if that would embarrass you, you could have booked the poshest extra-premium restaurant and worn it there.

thanks Kersh looking at the itinerary's one must be a port day then cannot see them doing back to back formal with one being the last night

05 Dec Barbados

06 Dec Barbados

07 Dec At Sea

08 Dec Grenada

09 Dec St. Lucia

10 Dec Dominica

11 Dec St. Kitts

12 Dec St. Maarten

13 Dec Tortola

14 Dec At Sea

15 Dec Curacao

16 Dec Bonaire

17 Dec At Sea

18 Dec At Sea

19 Dec Barbados

Hi Soobs

We are doing this cruise in Feb next year,and noticed that Tortola is down

as a afternoon departure also St Maarten, so maybe one of these will be picked

as a formal night, (the remaining ports all state early evening departing),

to go along with the 3 sea days 7th/14th/17th, just realised as

typing the day after Tortola is a sea day so my guess it could well be St M

Mrs Blue Sky

On Ventura in the Caribbean last January we had 3 formal nights, which took place on each of the sea days excluding the last, which was also the final night of the cruise and was casual. I would expect this pattern to be repeated for this winters season ie, only 3 formal nights.

On Ventura in the Caribbean last January we had 3 formal nights, which took place on each of the sea days excluding the last, which was also the final night of the cruise and was casual. I would expect this pattern to be repeated for this winters season ie, only 3 formal nights.

Same for us in November last year

Same cruise as us Judith C, that's why I ask the question because we are hopefully going to do the same one again this year, we will book as soon as I can get carers for my parents confirmed and the time off work confirmed.

I don't want to take 4 evening dresses if I only need 3 and also don't want to look forward to 4 formal nights and only get 3.

On the P & O - Q & A it only gives formal night info up to end of Oct.