Captain's Dinner

VTX1300

:D

Hello, This is our first cruise on Carnival's Fascination. I am curious about the Captain Dinners. I don't know much about it..Someone said you had to pay for it extra..are you invited, make reservations, given tickets, and also how do you dress... Thank you so much and anything else you can help me with!!!

Hello, This is our first cruise on Carnival's Fascination. I am curious about the Captain Dinners. I don't know much about it..Someone said you had to pay for it extra..are you invited, make reservations, given tickets, and also how do you dress... Thank you so much and anything else you can help me with!!!

Captain dinner ?? would you might be talking about the chef's dinner??? I have not heard of Captain's dinner on the 5 cruises i have been on...

chef's dinner $75 a person

usually 12 people, reservation required

dress can be anything you would be comfortable in but up scale is nice

My mom sailed once on another line and referred to the elegant night as "Captain's Dinner". I know that on the elegant night they have a meet and greet with the Captain and the Officers. There is no charge for the elegant nights... there are 2 on the 7 day cruises and 1 on 5 day cruises. Maybe that is what you are referring to? I think there is also something called Captain's Kitchen on some ships and that is $12 but I've never been.

Edited by naz022292

I've been invited to the Captains table once. I was group leader on a large group sailing on the Conquest. It was great! I was seated right next to the Captain and several of his upper officers were there as well. You have to be invited and accept the invitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I think you mean the Chef's Table. It's $75 per person and you do need reservations. It's best to book asap if you want to do it because it sells out fast. It's not formal but you should dress up like you would for a fancy/good restaurant at home. I've never done it but have heard from many people that it's well worth it!! :D

Elegant (Formal) Nights in the Main Dining Room (MDR) are included with your cruise fare as are all the other dinner in the MDR. On the 1st Elegant Night, there is a Meet and Greet with the Captain and ship's Officers and I think a Happy Hour(s) discount on drinks.

Once upon a time the first formal night was called the captain's dinner. It coincided with the captain's cocktail party. Back then everyone donned formal attire. The captain's dinner is gone, formal night is gone. Ah, the good old days....

Edited by joeyancho

Once upon a time the first formal night was called the captain's dinner. It coincided with the captain's cocktail party. Back then everyone donned formal attire. The captain's dinner is gone, formal night is gone. Ah, the good old days....

Ah yes, I do miss those days!! Cruising just isn't the same anymore. :( I still have my own personal formal nights though and wear my formal dresses 1 or 2 (maybe 3) nights on my cruises. It's fun!! :D

We've been on seven cruises. There is always a large table at one end of the Main Dining Room for the Captain. We've never seen anyone sitting there on the seven cruises. As others have already mentioned, it's a thing of the past.

I have to laugh when I see an old re-run of The Love Boat. Huge cabins, gigantic passageways, everybody wearing formal wear all day and night, Captain's Dinner, etc. The crews (Captain and Cruise Director) always talking with the passengers. I think there were a lot of people that were disappointed on their first cruise if they were basing it on the Love Boat.