Freedom of the Seas

Johnamac123

Just got off FOS this morning from the western route. Good cruise overall, the weather was perfect.

Gotta say, I was a little underwhelmed with Casey Pelter. Never saw him around the ship besides when he was hosting activities. Everything from him seemed kind of forced and fake. Coming from Richard Spacey last year I guess my expectations were too high, maybe it was just me. The rest of the activities staff were great though.

Gotta say, I was a little underwhelmed with Casey Pelter. Never saw him around the ship besides when he was hosting activities. Everything from him seemed kind of forced and fake. Coming from Richard Spacey last year I guess my expectations were too high, maybe it was just me. The rest of the activities staff were great though.

We were on FOS this summer and had Rich Edwards and he was just as bad. Hopefully, Casey will have moved on by our next cruise next year!

Just got off FOS this morning from the western route. Good cruise overall, the weather was perfect.

I think anyone after having Richard Spacey seems boring! Haha. Last few cruises have been with Ken Rush who I really just didn't care for. So I'm thinking whoever is on freedom in dec will seem wonderful! 😃

We were on FOS this summer and had Rich Edwards and he was just as bad. Hopefully, Casey will have moved on by our next cruise next year!

Were going again next year (eastern route) with some friends who are new to RC and I'm hoping we have someone decent as well. It doesn't make or break the experience but it surely does make the cruise more enjoyable!

I think anyone after having Richard Spacey seems boring! Haha. Last few cruises have been with Ken Rush who I really just didn't care for. So I'm thinking whoever is on freedom in dec will seem wonderful!

Yea I agree, he was always dancing or running around and seemed to have energy despite sleeping very few hours I'm sure. Hopefully they change CD's before your cruise in Dec!

Edited by thegima

We were on the cruise with you, and I really liked Casey. We saw him in the Windjammer a few times and he chatted with passengers. He talked to us twice in Promenade. I am a big fan of Allen Brooks and Casey was comparable to us. I also liked Richard Spacey.

Edited by OliverTheCat
misspell

Just returned from Freedom of the Seas today 9/21.

Overall experience was great, not excellent. All excursions were great.

Food and company were great.[ATTACH]325784[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also returned from sailing on Freedom yesterday. We were B2B cruisers sailing the weeks of 9/7 and 9/14.

I haven't had time yet to do a review. We got home last night, was back to work this morning, and still haven't unpacked everything.

We had a great vacation on Freedom, and perfect weather, too.

We met some really nice people who were also doing b2b with us, but didn't even find out they were consecutive cruisers until our pre-dinner drinks in the Champagne bar on the last night of week one! :)

I hope to get to my review tomorrow.

Freedom is a lovely ship.

Edited by jules815

Dec7 for us. Family of four and my parents are going. Can't wait to enjoy a beer with my pop in the Viking lounge. Suggestions?

We just stayed in a promenade room on deck 7 last week, it was great. I would encourage you to attend as many of the shows and game shows as possible on the ship, most of them are quite fun and you'll get some good laughs. We tried Portofino for the first time and it was fantastic, worth every penny for the experience.

Is Falmouth close to Dunn's river falls?

Dunn's river is by Ocho Rios which is about 45 minutes.

I was on FOS with you, doing a back to back. In two weeks that I was on the ship, I never once saw Casey out and about, unless it was during a scheduled activity. In fact, we saw more of the Captain out greeting people during the day in the Promenade. The activities that we did see him host, he seemed like he did a fine job though. Your comment made me realize how we really didn't see him around like we normally have seen others.

I was on FOS with you, doing a back to back. In two weeks that I was on the ship, I never once saw Casey out and about, unless it was during a scheduled activity. In fact, we saw more of the Captain out greeting people during the day in the Promenade. The activities that we did see him host, he seemed like he did a fine job though. Your comment made me realize how we really didn't see him around like we normally have seen others.

Yep. I saw the captain by the stairs and in the promenade 2 or 3 times during the week. I saw Casey one night in the WJ pretty late, probably 9:30 or so with a few people having dinner. He wasn't terrible, I personally just didn't find him too funny or entertaining.