Can you bring a 12 pack of soda onboard when visiting ports?

Jolly Mon Sings

Carnival FAQ states you can bring drinks on embarkation day.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $15 corkage fee per 750 ml bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room or steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

We were on the Sept. 6 sailing of the Freedom. I brought 6 packs of Bud Light on in my wifes zippered tote bag 3 different times. Twice in St. Thomas and again in San Juan with no problem. Not necessarily because of the $6.61 cost on the ship but for the convenience of sitting on balcony in evenings having a beer when I might want one.

Yes they sell "regular sodas" but the cokes and other drinks may be in different packs or sizes than you are used to.

Example: Cokes may be in 1.75 liter instead of 2 liter and may be in packs of 8 10 oz cans instead of 6 12 oz cans.

Thank you!! Good info to have!! :)

Hint- bring your red/orange CVS Membercard if plan to shop there. That way can save $ on sale or store specials. I know this has saved us money on the 12 pack of sodas.

Ah, yes! Good reminder!! That could save us enough to cover a DOD!!! :D:)