Loyalty points

neilm

This is our second cruise with P&O and we thought as we were going to be over the 150 points after our first night which means we would start getting a discount but apparantly these points are not addedd untill the end of the cruise so it is a bit misleading not that 5% makes that much difference

Misleading? Not if you read their T&C's. It is quite clear in those.

FYI we are in the same situation on our upcoming cruise but was fully aware that this was the case.

Yes it's disappointing, but like I say, it is quite clear in their T&C's.

They are very clever in making it 15 nights aren't they? Loads and loads of cruises are 14 nights. It used to start from your first cruise. We were members of the Portunus club straight away, it changed when it became Peninsular.

You would think P&O would have learned the lesson of M&S and now Tesco. You can only disregard loyalty so far.

Cb

I dont book a holiday with someone because they have a loyalty scheme. I book because I like the product.

I have a purse full of loyalty cards,does that make me shop in a particular one_no.

We have reached the very dizzy height of med tier. I think it will take 5 years of cruising to reach the next tier, or 1 world cruise as my po lady said...I think she was wishing/hoping.

Although not a factor in deciding to book, we were delighted to discover that a 2-night mini cruise on Oriana next month earns us the points to tip us into a loyalty tier for our Caribbean cruise in January. I know it's not worth much, but it's a bonus and welcome nonetheless. :)

Although not a factor in deciding to book, we were delighted to discover that a 2-night mini cruise on Oriana next month earns us the points to tip us into a loyalty tier for our Caribbean cruise in January. I know it's not worth much, but it's a bonus and welcome nonetheless. :)

As a previously mentioned grocer would say, "Every little helps"

Don't worry about it, even if you reach the higher level the scheme is the pits compared with some other cruise lines.... Princess.

If you have a low on board account it is virtually worthless.

Cb

Another one with the boot into P&O. Moan Moan Moan.