Price drop?

kteg1752

Does NCL tend to do a price drop on their cabins right before a set cruise date? I'm wanting to upgrade my room, but the price difference is rather steep. Curious if they will drop prices to fill the ship right before we leave? Anyone have and advice on upgrading or price drops :)

There is absolutely no way to predict pricing as a cruise approaches. Our last one, the price for the two of us went up $1400 from purchase until cruise time. It will totally be dependent on how well the ship is booked. Al you can do is check your cruise frequently as your cruise date approaches and if price does drop, you might...might...be able to get a cabin upgrade. However, when the price drops, that usually means some of the less desirable cabins, reference location, are all that are available. Again, no way to predict except just monitor prices.

As Roger said there is no way to know for sure if there will be any price drops. Price drops (or Increases) is totally factored by booking rates. *If* (and it is a big if) there are price drops on your sailing then chances are the best prices will be somewhere around 4 - 6 weeks or so out from your sail Date.

I honestly have no idea where to look or I would.

Scrolling down through posts from the past few days will find lots of threads on this.

But - bottom line - once you hit the final payment date, the deal is signed, sealed and done. They may run some last minute sales to fill the cabins for new bookings, but do not change the prices on those already booked.

Booked my ncl cruise 4 months before sailing. 2 months before sailing the prices dropped and I upgraded my ocean view to a balcony for $200. Now we are one month out and the ocean views are much less than I paid, the balconies are much higher than I paid when I upgraded and the suites are about the same that they have been the whole time. So I think it just really varies from sailing to sailing. I would say just keep an eye on the prices and upgrade immediately if you see a price you are comfortable with!

Check prices every day, and as soon as you see a big drop in price or a sale call your travel agent or PCC at NCL. They don't have to give you a deal on an upgrade, but if you are a Latitudes member, they just might offer you an upgrade for a modest fee.

I've heard that there tend to be big drops in price 90 days out, 30 days out and 10 days out, but also check for NCL sale days (like the big sale this weekend). I called my PCC because I leave in 21 days (yay!), but I had only booked my room a week ago. If I had waited, I wouldn't have missed out on this past weekend's $100 obc for latitude members. Well I called my PCC, he couldn't give me the obc, but I did get a room upgrade IX to ID. Even at today's prices the ID room is about $20 per person more than what I paid for the IX, and he got me a room assignment, so I know where we are, and I'm very happy with the location.

Just make sure to be polite. I mentioned a few times that I knew he didn't have to upgrade me, and I was willing to pay a fee to upgrade to an oceanview or a balcony. Neither had dropped enough to make upgrading worth it, but I might call again at 10 days to see if I can pay for an upgrade.

Does it seem like they usually drop the price on the lower priced cabins when you get close to sailing and there are lots of empty cabins or if the higher priced cabins are empty do they drop those prices too? I'm watching a sailing that is now 47 days away. Lots of higher level empty cabins, but the prices are just sitting there on all the cabins. I shouldn't book just yet (due to some scheduling issues that I'm trying to work out) . Does anyone think I should worry that NCL will offer upsells or guarantees these empty cabins and all of a sudden I won't see anything available? I check about 3 times a day!!!!! Thanks for your input.

From what I've seen on here, it seems like the higher priced cabins don't drop that much, but what I'd try is checking your itinerary, if it leaves a week or two before you're planning to travel and see what the cabin prices look like for that sailing. Obviously, it depends on how many people are on your exact sailing, but usually within a few weeks (if there's no holiday), you'll see a decent prediction of what might happen to the prices for your sailing.

from what i've seen on here, it seems like the higher priced cabins don't drop that much, but what i'd try is checking your itinerary, if it leaves a week or two before you're planning to travel and see what the cabin prices look like for that sailing. Obviously, it depends on how many people are on your exact sailing, but usually within a few weeks (if there's no holiday), you'll see a decent prediction of what might happen to the prices for your sailing.

great idea! Thanks.

It is like a fire sale.

If they have empty cabins they will work to get them filled.

And if they are full, prices may go up.

There is no "normal". All depends on so many factors - bookings - chance of sales turning into booked cabins - mgmt decision to sail full no matter what - or not - weather - city -

We booked in Aug 2013 for NCL Sun Alaska 9/8/2014. Inside cabin, $419pp. I constantly followed the prices, saw it go up, and come back down, never less than what I booked at. Then in early August 2014, I saw it drop to $279pp. Contacted my Agent and was able to upgrade to an Oceanview, no additional cost. This was listed as Partially Obstructed, but we had a great view. Also, the porthole window was much larger than it appeared in photos I saw of similar rooms on the Sun.