Piano Bar question

LVDFW

Just got off the Magic and have a question about the Piano Bar. Does the show usually turn R-rated after midnight?

Not complaining at all, had a blast in there, and laughed harder in the bar than the comedy shows.

Just got off the Magic and have a question about the Piano Bar. Does the show usually turn R-rated after midnight?

Not complaining at all, had a blast in there, and laughed harder in the bar than the comedy shows.

Whaaat!? :eek:

We totally ignore the piano bar, now I think we should swing by and check it out :p

The piano player asked a few times "Is is midnight yet?" The show started having plenty of sexual references, as well as some f-bombs. Show got cruder and cruder as the night went on. Again not complaining, I thought the show got better and better as the night went on.

I wonder how Carnival decides who to re-sign to a contract or not? I assume it's based off bar tabs and customer feed back.

Good question. We have sailed with people who we thought were awful and had an empty bar many nights and yet they come back again so who knows.

We just sailed Fascination last week and I would say that the entertainment factor went more and more adult as the night progressed.

There was one night when 3-4 02 club aged kids (12-14) can into the Piano Bar and there were a few slip up and the piano player was talking about how it was around midnight and the kids were up way past their bed time. This said in a rather joking and not too apologetic way...

What is ironic is that my DS13 was there every night but I know that he looks far older so was never thought of as a potential for censorship.

The cuss words were minimal if any...it was the general subject matter that went more adult. There was only one that made me very uncomfortable with DS but I must admit was beyond hilarious...

was riotously funny and entertaining. We made it a point to hit the piano bar nightly when he was there. Great crowds, baudy entertainment, and the wait staff was super busy. I'd say that Larry was able to offer Carnival happy cruisers and the bar made serious coin as well.

We're hoping Larry will be with us on our Jan 18th cruise.

On the Glory and the Ecstasy, it turned R rated at about 11:00. The pianoman on the Liberty wasn't worth more than 2 minutes of my time and the piano bar was empty most nights.

On our recent Liberty cruise, I never once saw anyone in the piano bar. I wondered if they even had a performer on board. It was also closed a lot for private events.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you've got a good crowd and a fun piano player it can get interesting in the piano bar. We were on the Ecstasy a couple of years ago and our piano guy got pretty raunchy in the late hours. It helped that we kept his drink full, lots of fun.

Edited by DarthGrady

It all depends upon the piano player. Ron Pass, who last year had his 10 year anniversary with Carnival was the best I had seen and heard on my many Carnival cruises. Here are two clips that are R-Rated.

It all depends upon the piano player. Ron Pass, who last year had his 10 year anniversary with Carnival was the best I had seen and heard on my many Carnival cruises. Here are two clips that are R-Rated.

He is on the Dream as a passenger this week doing scouting for his Rontourage cruise next year.

I prefer the piano bars on the Dream-class ships. Much more open than on the other classes.

I'm not sure if it is the same person, but we were on the Liberty in May, spent 10 min in the piano bar and left. The guy was awful.

I have also been on cruises where the piano bar was my 'go to' place every night. Had a fabulous time!!

Yes, it's semi-standard that after midnight it's the "blue" hour and pretty much anything goes. It gets pretty raunchy but I find it hilarious :D Yes, even the "kitty cat" song.......ahem.....

No offense to anyone with youngsters, but I don't feel that children should be in piano bar unless they're 18.

If you just got off the ship on the 21st then you must have had Ben Gentry. I enjoyed his schtick on the Breeze a year ago and will be enjoying his piano bar in just a few days now - woohoo!!!

Some of my favorites was "I'm on a boat" and "Joy to the World"

Lol, Ben's "Joy to the World" is a blast and hilarious! I was solo on the cruise and another female cruiser (there with her husband, I had befriended them on a dive) decided to um, sing that one with me. My face was red but I couldn't stop laughing.

Lol, Ben's "Joy to the World" is a blast and hilarious! I was solo on the cruise and another female cruiser (there with her husband, I had befriended them on a dive) decided to um, sing that one with me. My face was red but I couldn't stop laughing.

Make sure to cover all of the boys and girls!