FLL ..alamo shuttle to port everglades?

jenseib

I have read in some old posts that alamo has a shuttle to Port Everglades. We are sailing next Monday and arriving Sat and will rent a car till we sail. My plan is that we will drop our bags off at the port around 10:30 or so and drive to the airport/alamo and drop off the car.

Is the port shuttle still running? And if so do I get it right where I drop off the car or do I have to go somewhere else to catch the shuttle.

Like I said the posts I read were pretty old and they mentioned the shuttle was used for several companies. I only flew into FLL once before and that was 15 years ago. I remember nothing about the airport and we were sailing NCL out of Miami and used their transfers then.

Thanks in advance!

Last January we did what you are talking about. The port was pretty messy, for us it was easier to take our bags on the shuttle. Alamo drop off is in the airport parking structure. After dropping off you'll go to the elevator to go up a level to where the shuttle will pick you up right by the elevator. Very easy walk.

We used the Alamo shuttle at FLL last year - think it was for National and Alamo customers from what I recall. - the pickup loacation is a floor above the rental car return.

We hope it is still running when we go on November 2. We used United miles to rent a minivan for one night - it ran 10k miles for the rental (reserving through Alamo was $169 - which would be a great deal if the shuttle is still running)

Last January we did what you are talking about. The port was pretty messy, for us it was easier to take our bags on the shuttle. Alamo drop off is in the airport parking structure. After dropping off you'll go to the elevator to go up a level to where the shuttle will pick you up right by the elevator. Very easy walk.

Ok, so it wasn't too much hassle carrying bags on the bus then? I know we'll each have a big one and small one and some sort of tote and or backpack.

Thanks so much. This will make things come together for me.

Ok, so it wasn't too much hassle carrying bags on the bus then? I know we'll each have a big one and small one and some sort of tote and or backpack.

Thanks so much. This will make things come together for me.

The biggest hassle might be if someone has a disability limiting them taking the bags from the car to the elevator; I didn't see any luggage carts. The bus is a typical car rental company bus that holds about 15 people with a luggage rack right behind the driver. The driver put the bags on for us and unloaded at the dock. He unloaded right next to the luggage loading area for the ship so our bags went right into containers from the bus.

Yeah, it's National and Alamo that runs the shuttle from FLL to the port, and it's still running. As people say, it's the same type of bus you normally see in a rental car shuttle, so a lot of people do take luggage on. Personally, I tend to drop my wife at the pier and she'll go ahead and check in herself, and then take the car back and take the shuttle back without any luggage. Depending on how many ships are in port it can take a little longer to get to your ship, because the same shuttle will make multiple stops at different piers.

Yeah, it's National and Alamo that runs the shuttle from FLL to the port, and it's still running. As people say, it's the same type of bus you normally see in a rental car shuttle, so a lot of people do take luggage on. Personally, I tend to drop my wife at the pier and she'll go ahead and check in herself, and then take the car back and take the shuttle back without any luggage. Depending on how many ships are in port it can take a little longer to get to your ship, because the same shuttle will make multiple stops at different piers.

I think I might still go with my original plan and do that. My mom broke her arm over the summer and though it's healed it still hurts at times and I don't want to stress her handling more bags longer than she needs too. I assume there is a sign that will tell us where to go to drop off bags.

Does the Alamo shuttle also pick up disembarking passengers at Port Everglades and take them over to the airport to rent a car, or is it only one way transportation from the airport to the port?

Thanks!

Yes, just show them your reservation print out ( although they didn't ask to see ours).

Sent from my 831C using Forums mobile app

Does the Alamo shuttle also pick up disembarking passengers at Port Everglades and take them over to the airport to rent a car, or is it only one way transportation from the airport to the port?

Thanks!

They do, but from what I've seen I'm not sure I'd choose to rely on it myself. I've tried doing it once, and stood around for somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour and never had the National/Alamo shuttle show up to pick people up once. I've also been on a shuttle from the airport to the pier that went to the piers in the SE of the port before dropping me off at Terminal 2, and they picked up people there that just about caused a riot because they were pissed off at it having been a long time since a shuttle had showed up there.