Sanctuary questions

travldoxie

Hi, We will be taking our first cruise on Princess next March (booked a full suite on the Royal Princess) and wonder if the Sanctuary is worth trying to book? I've heard that it is nearly impossible to book the entire cruise but that single day passes can be obtained if you get there early enough on the day of. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with them, how nice they are, what the rates are,etc.

Also, the cabanas look really nice....has anyone here booked one before? Is there a big difference between the Sanctuary and the Retreat pool cabanas?

Thanks!

We are just off the CB in August and booked our first Sanctuary for the entire week. They are AWESOME, the only way to travel. The price is steep, but going into it we knew that. We never were concerned about finding a chair, we could come and go as we please and the staff was the very best you could ask for. Needless to say, we are going back on board at Christmas and intend to get on the ship as soon as possible and snag those chairs again. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED them . BTW, they misted our face with Avion water daily, served high tea (skip the hot tea, it was August in the Caribbean, but the tea sandwiches and sweets were awesome) got us flavored water with out asking for it and the list goes on and on and on.......

Now we too did the 'regular' cabana on Princess Cay. I must admit, if you do the sanctuary and the cabana, you have tough choices to make about where you want to spend your day. I will not do both in Dec. We were in the cabana about 4 hours and went back to the ship to sit in our big comfy deck chairs at the sanctuary. The beach at PC is rocky, so whatever you do bring your water shoes, they are a must unless you want to hobble trying to get to the sandy area further out.

Hi - I'm Elite and try to get to the port early for the express purpose of getting the Sanctuary for the whole cruise. I've always succeeded but have also always gotten the last two chairs available. This is being in the first 20 people to board, leaving my roll-aboard with my sister and making a fast beeline to the Sanctuary. The whole thing is stressful and ridiculous. I wish Princess would come up with a better reservation system.

I agree with Cruisin Chris, the entire process to secure the Sanctuary is Crazzzzzyyyyy!

With that said, we got on board early, or should I say in the first waive of passengers. We are not Elite but did secure 3 chairs. Now, I traveled in August and had no issue with getting the beds. There were a lot available that week. The only days they sold out were on sea days and frankly, I think there were some still available even on those days.

We are going back Christmas week and will do our best to get there early and get the Sanctuary again. I would think there are about 50 beds available. Its big, but with 3000 plus passengers, you got to get there early and quickly. :eek:

First ever cruise in Feb next year. Just reading about the sanctuary. Didn't realise it was an extra until I saw these posts! I called Princess and apparently there are 63 spaces on the Diamond. I'd ideally like to try it just for a day - do you think this would be possible if I'm not the first to go wherever I need to in order to book (because clearly when I board I will have no idea)?

First ever cruise in Feb next year. Just reading about the sanctuary. Didn't realise it was an extra until I saw these posts! I called Princess and apparently there are 63 spaces on the Diamond. I'd ideally like to try it just for a day - do you think this would be possible if I'm not the first to go wherever I need to in order to book (because clearly when I board I will have no idea)?

Try for the day?

Join the Q at 07.00 and you may be lucky if a bed is available.:eek:

As previously posted, get on early and book the whole cruise, there is a small discount. Just worth it for the size of beds, space, quietness and pampering. The beds in the preferred position are yours for the duration. After all, it is a cruise, make it just a little more special

Enjoy

The whole thing is stressful and ridiculous. I wish Princess would come up with a better reservation system.

Princess should simply raise the price until demand equals supply.

Apparently, they were out the day that was covered in business school.

Try for the day?

Join the Q at 07.00 and you may be lucky if a bed is available.:eek:

When I called Princess they advised me that when I board the ship I can book for future days (e.g. in 5 days time, for half a day).... I might prefer if it was a daily booking, at least I would be in with a chance every day.

The lady also advised me that they prefer half day bookings as demand is so high... I don't know if I support the idea of booking ahead - because the "well cruised" people who book over 12 months in advance would book them out. Completely agree with increasing price - basic supply/demand ratio.

The situation for booking the Sanctuary is crazy. I like others, always get to the pier super early and try to get on as early as I can, just so I can get to the Sanctuary. We are Elite, travel in full suites, but love the Sanctuary. Always book full days for the entire cruise. I'd really rather board way later in the day but we have to play the game as it exists today.

I wish Princess would allow people to book the Sanctuary prior to the cruise...on line after final payment is made. They could provide an interactive map of where the loungers are located and you would select the location of your choice. I would be willing to pay a premium for this option (more than the on-board booking charges) and I think they should only allow pre-booking of the Sanctuary if you book full days for the entire week. Bookings would have to be paid in full when booked with no refunds.

This is not a perfect solution so please do come out of the woodwork on what is fair and what isn't. Please do not waste your time on comments about it not being worth it, booking it when you are in a suite is redundant, etc. People spend their money based on what they can afford and what's important to them.

Edited by DShock

Hello Sanctuary Experts,

I have only used Sanctuary twice (tough to "get"); once on Panama Canal day-never again and once at the end of a long B2B cruise(s).

What goes on post embarkation in Sanctuary? Is is open for booking that day? Or is it left unused?

Thanks a bunch!!!

When I called Princess they advised $20 for half a day, $40 for a full day, or $30 each day if you book the entire cruise.

Still confused as to prices that I keep getting told, as some are in USD and some are in AUD.

that is the US price.

if you are paying AUD, that's a deal!

Edited by cdngrl